the Rio de Janeiro Games at the midway point of the cycling program, including doping, the schedule of the

in BullyGeister 17.01.2019 09:32
von jj009 | 2.681 Beiträge

RIO DE JANEIRO -- The president of cyclings world governing body defended the Olympic road course on Saturday, calling it a fair test and suggesting those who crashed pushed past their limits.Brian Cookson addressed a number of issues during a wide-ranging news conference at the Rio de Janeiro Games at the midway point of the cycling program, including doping, the schedule of the track cycling program and several road racing issues.But perhaps the biggest hot-button issue through a week of competition was a road course that some had labeled too dangerous. One particularly nasty descent caused riders such as Italian star Vincenzo Nibali to go down and left Dutch rider Annemiek van Vleuten in the hospital.Weve had discussions about the number of crashes and the circumstances, Cookson said. It is my belief and our belief at the UCI that the courses were in the bounds of what was reasonable.Van Vleuten spent several days in the hospital with a concussion and three small fractures to her spine. She flew home to the Netherlands on Friday to continue her recovery.Its the riders responsibility to make the right decisions, Cookson said. I went to speak with Annemiek in the hospital and talked to her, and in her case, it was an error of judgment there.Cookson was also asked about the silver medal won by Olga Zabelinskaya in the time trial. It came just days after the Court of Arbitration for Sport ruled a ban on Russian athletes who had been barred from competing for prior doping offenses was unenforceable, allowing Zabelinskaya to compete.The Russian cyclist who finished second in the time trial was entitled to be here under the rules of the [World Anti-Doping Agency] and the IOC, Cookson said. Im guessing she will not be the only previously convicted doped athlete at the Games.Cookson has been working to clean up the sport after years of doping, including Lance Armstrongs admission of guilt a few years ago. He said the positive test of a Brazilian cyclist in an out-of-competition test the week before the road race was a sign of progress.Ive said this many times before, cycling has been leading for many years in the fight against doping in sport, Cookson said. Whether there is a small number of athletes trying to cheat, I hope not, but if they are, we will catch them and we will sanction them.In other issues:? Cookson said the UCI is still examining the blood bags from Operation Puerto, the Spanish police investigation into a doping ring led by Dr. Eufemiano Fuentes. Cookson otherwise declined to comment on the ongoing investigation, saying only that when we have something to report, we will.??The UCI is confident WorldTour teams will compete in the team time trial at the world championships in Qatar. Several teams announced plans to boycott the event, in part because they are required to compete at their own expense.??Cookson said he was open to smaller teams in major events such as the Tour de France, but he warned that I think some of the bigger teams would object to that, and there are pros and cons to the details of that. Its something I wouldnt rule, out but lets move forward gradually.??The UCI hopes to expand the cycling program at future Olympics, though Cookson did not say whether it would be merely an expansion of the track program or the addition of another discipline, such as downhill mountain biking or freestyle BMX competition. Wholesale Air Max 90 2018 . LOUIS -- Attorneys for the St. Clearance Air Max 90 Shoes . Collaros, 25, was solid last season, posting a 5-2 record as the starter while incumbent Ricky Ray was injured. Collaros also started Torontos 23-20 regular-season finale loss to Montreal — Ray didnt dress because the Argos had already clinched first in the East Division — but was one of three quarterbacks to play that day. http://www.wholesaleairmax90.com/ . Paul Pierce couldnt believe he missed at the end. Young scored a season-high 26 points to spark a huge effort from the leagues most productive bench, and Los Angeles beat the Brooklyn Nets 99-94 on Wednesday night after blowing a 27-point lead. Womens 2018 Air Max 90 . Its 1987 and a Brazilian playmaker, known as Mirandinha, is being paraded around St James Park to the passionate Newcastle fans. Cheap Air Max 2018 . Scott Kazmir allowed four hits in seven shutout innings, Michael Brantley hit a two-run homer in a three-run first inning and the Indians maintained their hold on an AL wild-card spot with a 4-1 win over the Houston Astros on Saturday night. COLUMBUS, Ohio -- After an excruciating, exhilarating overtime win at Wisconsin, Ohio State began preparing on Monday to play in another loud, hostile environment.Penn States Beaver Stadium, with a capacity of more than 106,000, is known as one of the toughest places to play in the country. Add that its a Saturday night and the annual white-out game -- when fans dress in all white -- and it will be all the more raucous.With about 20,000 more people there, the decibel level may exceed that of Camp Randall Stadium, where the Buckeyes defense silenced the crowd with a game-ending sack of Badgers quarterback Alex Hornibrook in overtime Saturday night to win 30-23.The last time Ohio State (6-0, 3-0 Big Ten) played at Beaver Stadium was another nail-biter. Quarterback J.T. Barrett scored two touchdowns in overtime, and the Buckeyes escaped with a 31-24 double-overtime win in 2014. They went on to win the national championship.Penn State (4-2, 2-1) is off to a 4-0 start at home and has won 10 of its last 11 there dating back to last season.(I) wish they saved the white-outs for other games, but I guess they used it for our game, coach Urban Meyer said Monday. Its one of the top five atmospheres, again, in college football.Linebacker Chris Worley, who experienced the atmosphere at Penn State two years ago, is trying to help prepare the younger players for the hostile stadiums.Camp Randall was a crazy place, and Penn State is a crazy place as well, Worley said. For me, Im pretty prepared and I know what to expect. Theres some guys who think they know what to expect, and its not going to be what they think.Barrett carried the load again against Wisconsin, his demeanor so steady at all times that one couldnt tell by looking at him whether his team was winning or losing.dddddddddddd He put the Buckeyes ahead in OT with a 7-yard touchdown pass to Noah Brown. He ran for two more, becoming Ohio States all-time leader in touchdowns (rushing and passing). He rushed for 92 yards in the 30-23 win and was named Big Ten co-offensive player of the week.Im just trying to win games around here, honestly, he said. Records are good and all, and maybe Ill appreciate them more when Im 40 or 50, but right now I dont think records really matter if we dont win.For the second time in a row, Ohio States passing game was slightly off-kilter, with Barrett hitting his biggest passes on improvised plays after he was chased out of the pocket and scrambling. But nobody seems to be panicking.Were OK, Meyer said. Were going to get keep getting better at it. Hes a very good passer. When youre the No. 1 quarterback in the history of Ohio State University, youre doing OK.Barrett said its just a matter of working more on timing with receivers.WHAT PENALTY?: Meyer griped about the penalty called on him for sideline interference in the second quarter against Wisconsin. A referee struck him in the head while wind-milling to keep the clock running. Meyer said the ref barely grazed his headset and that it shouldnt have been an infraction.That broke my heart, Meyer said. To put your players in a 15-yard penalty for that in a big game. Some will say, `Well, thats just the rule. Get rid of the (darn) rule. Thats not a good rule.---Follow Mitch Stacy at http://twitter.com/mitchstacyFor some of his other recent stories: http://bigstory.ap.org/content/mitch-stacy China NFL Jerseys Cheap Nike NFL Jerseys NFL Jerseys Cheap Wholesale NFL Jerseys Cheap Basketball Jerseys Online Stitched Hockey Jerseys Wholesale Baseball Jerseys Football Jerseys Outlet College Jerseys For Sale Cheap MLB Jerseys Wholesale Soccer Jerseys Wholesale Jerseys For Sale Wholesale NFL Jerseys ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher
1 Mitglied und 36 Gäste sind Online:
WandaFarmer

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: jonicenamax
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 23489 Themen und 57415 Beiträge.

Xobor Forum Software von Xobor
Einfach ein eigenes Forum erstellen