here are definitely days, said Bird, unsuccessfully fighting back tears, where I miss you and I wish you cou

in BullyGeister 08.08.2019 04:01
von jj009 | 3.862 Beiträge

INDIANAPOLIS -- Inside linebacker Nate Irving and running back Stevan Ridley were among the players cut by the Indianapolis Colts on Saturday.Irving was hobbled by injuries most of last season. Ridley was signed Sunday and played in Thursday nights preseason finale.To reach the roster limit of 53 players, Indy placed three players -- cornerback Tevin Mitchell, outside linebacker Ron Thompson and offensive linemen Hugh Thornton -- on injured reserve.They also waived defensive linemen Sterling Bailey and Kelcy Quarles; linebackers Trevor Bates and Earl Okine; safeties Alden Darby, Lee Hightower and Stefan McClure; cornerbacks Tay Glover-Wright and Christopher Milton; receivers MeKale McKay and Tevaun Smith; and offensive linemen Kitt OBrien, Adam Redmond, Mitchell Van Dyk and Jeremy Vujnovich.Bates may have been the biggest surprise. He was a seventh-round draft pick in this years draft and played well in Thursday nights preseason finale.Indy also put cornerback DJoun Smith, a third-round draft pick in 2015, on the waived-injured list. If he clears waivers, he will revert to the Colts injured reserve list.The Colts had some tough calls to make because of a rash of short-term injuries that left them extremely thin in the secondary and on the offensive line. Indys top five cornerbacks were held out of Thursdays game because of injuries, and all but one of the five played in the previous game.Right tackle Joe Reitz missed the last two preseason games with a back injury, and left guard is expected to miss another three weeks after injuring his knee in the loss to Philadelphia.The Colts extended the NFLs longest active streak of having an undrafted rookie make the opening day roster to 18 seasons. Running back Josh Ferguson, linebacker Curt Maggitt, receiver Chester Rogers and cornerback Frankie Williams all made the cut.On Sunday, the Colts and the rest of the league can start adding players to the 10-man practice squad.---Online:AP NFL website: www.pro32.ap.org and AP NFL Twitter feed: www.twitter.com/AP-NFL Zaino Fjallraven Kanken Mini Gelo Verde/Pesca Rosa 7L . -- Jacksonville wide receiver Cecil Shorts will likely be a game-time decision whether hell play Sunday in the Jaguars home game against the San Diego Chargers. Zaino Kanken Classic Offerta . The Olympic champion curler and TSN curling analyst immediately went online to look at the Halls long list of honoured members. Thats when the enormity of the honour sunk in. http://www.fjallravenkankenitalia.it/zaino-fjallraven-kanken-classic-rosa-16l.html .Y. - Rob Manfred was promoted Monday to Major League Baseballs chief operating officer, which may make him a candidate to succeed Bud Selig as commissioner. Zaino Kanken Big Nero . Louis Blues absence from top spot in the TSN. Fjallraven Kanken Zaino Saldi . Listen to the game live on TSN Radio 1050 at 7pm et. The Raptors traded Rudy Gay, Quincy Acy and Aaron Gray to the Sacramento Kings on Monday, in exchange for Greivis Vasquez, John Salmons, Patrick Patterson and Chuck Hayes. Lauren Jackson and Seattle had never gotten a chance to say goodbye to each other.When Jackson last walked off the KeyArena court four years ago, her tying 3-pointer had just helped the Seattle Storm beat the Minnesota Lynx in overtime in Game 2 of their playoff series. At that point, Seattle fans were hoping to see Jackson the following week in the Western Conference finals. Alas, the Storm lost the deciding Game 3 in Minnesota when Jackson missed at the buzzer, and a series of injuries prevented her from returning to the WNBA -- or to Seattle.In March, Jackson announced her retirement, concluding one of the most impressive careers in womens basketball history. And on Friday night, after beating the Washington Mystics 80-51, the Storm finally got a chance to honor Jackson for the WNBA portion of that career spent entirely in Seattle. In an emotional ceremony at turns funny and poignant, Jacksons No. 15 jersey became the first retired by the Storm.I think its great for everybody to have a chance to say goodbye to Lauren, said Seattle head coach Jenny Boucek, an assistant coach for the Storm through much of Jacksons career. I know thats something that weve all wanted to do since we knew that she wasnt going to be able to come back and play.Jackson hadnt so much as been in Seattle since 2012, though it didnt seem that long to her.Its funny, she said. It feels like I havent been gone at all. It doesnt feel like its been four years. It doesnt even feel like a couple days. It just feels like Ive been here the whole time and I havent. I have to keep reminding myself that its been awhile.She got one such reminder before the game, when a young fan Jackson remembered attending games during her playing days came up to get a photo -- and is now a teenager.Four years also had passed since Jackson had seen Sue Bird, her teammate from her second season through the end of her career who developed into one of her closest friends. Because they figured theyd see each other soon, Bird and Jackson couldnt even specifically recall saying goodbye the last time they were together.From the moment Bird greeted Jackson at Sea-Tac International Airport on Wednesday, however, the two picked up right where they left off -- recalling the memories they shared over 11 years together, on and off the court.Shes been staying in my house, so weve been able to hang out, which has been good, Bird said before the game. In some ways, you do start to think back, and of course were reminiscing and thinking about nights out, games, you name it. But at the same time, its as if we didnt miss a beat. We picked up right wwhere we left off.dddddddddddd Havent gotten emotional just yet, but I kind of foresee that happening.Bird was right. While a group of dignitaries including Boucek, former Storm president and CEO Karen Bryant and co-owner Lisa Brummel paid tribute to Jacksons greatness as a performer, her legendary competitiveness on the court and her kindness off it, it was Bird who stole the show with a lengthy speech that ran the emotional gamut.At times, Bird roasted her friend, joking about the rite of passage that Storm teammates experienced of getting yelled at by Jackson for not passing her the ball, and noting that Jackson famously mistook Bird for teammate Adia Barnes during her first training camp. But Bird turned serious in the end, lamenting the fact that Jackson was watching from the sideline while she was putting up 12 points and seven assists Friday playing with a new generation of Storm No. 1 picks (Jewell Loyd and Breanna Stewart).There are definitely days, said Bird, unsuccessfully fighting back tears, where I miss you and I wish you could still be doing this with me.I really do wish she was still playing with me, Bird told media afterward.I wish I was still playing, too, Jackson quietly rejoined.That fact was the bittersweet backdrop to Fridays ceremony. At 35 -- seven months younger than Bird -- Jackson should still be going strong. Her combination of size and shooting ability figured to allow her to remain effective deep into her 30s -- but Jacksons body broke down before she got the chance.I think the closure in itself is a sad thing, she said. At least I got to come back.Jackson also got the opportunity to say thank you to the organization and fans in a brief speech before her jersey was unveiled in the KeyArena rafters, joining the two championship banners from 2004 and 2010 she helped hang.And ultimately, Friday night was more about what Jackson accomplished during her 12 years with the Storm -- the two titles, three MVP awards, seven All-WNBA First Team selections and a spot on the recent WNBA 20@20 list of the greatest players in the leagues two decades of existence -- than what more her injuries prevented her from achieving.Predictably, Bird summed it up best.How things had to end hurts me, she said. I know it hurts you and it hurts me as well. I just want you to know that what you did here, what you did for me, what you did for all these people ... I know it didnt end the way you wanted, but dont let that change all that you did here. ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: rajanmnkiro
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 33276 Themen und 67413 Beiträge.

Xobor Forum Software von Xobor
Einfach ein eigenes Forum erstellen