t battle. Theyre both around similar ages (Ousted is olderr, by five days), theyll push each other really hard

in BullyGeister 16.08.2019 03:34
von jj009 | 3.755 Beiträge

VAL DISERE, France -- A group of American skiers are taking it all off in an effort to raise some money.Five female and six male ski racers have joined together to pose in a nude calendar they hope will help them overcome high costs -- and scarce funding -- on the professional ski tour.Called Under the Suit: The Bodies of the Ski Team, the calendar features the skiers in naked action shots: Either on the slopes or mountain biking in Chile and New Zealand, or pumping iron at their local gym in Park City, Utah.Skiers below A team level pay their own travel costs, ranging from $15,000 to $35,000 each season. The original idea for calendar came from Brennan Rubie, who is racing at C team level.Its tough for us because we have to raise a bunch of cash, the 25-year-old Rubie told The Associated Press. Weve all reached out to our parents, our parents friends.Athletes should get up to $4,000 each from sales, which Rubie says is a big chunk of money that can really take some stress off.Jacqueline Wiles, a member of the B team who is also unfunded, features on the calendar taking off into the air -- naked except for a ski helmet, gloves and boots. Teammates Breezy Johnson and Alice McKennis are also in the calendar.I think the target is raising around $110,000, Wiles told the AP recently at the French resort of Val dIsere. They want to get all the calendars out before Christmas ... to be a stocking stuffer.Even though they are funded, two-time Olympic champion Ted Ligety and Olympic super-G silver medalist Andrew Weibrecht have helped out.Its cool to see everyone come together, Weibrecht said.Wiles and McKennis are a long way from enjoying the success of four-time overall World Cup winner Lindsey Vonn and Olympic slalom champion Mikaela Shiffrin -- who have won 99 World Cup races between them.The 27-year-old McKennis won a downhill in the Austrian resort of St. Anton in January 2013 -- her only podium -- and Wiles has one top-10 finish.Many are struggling behind them.Athletes are being more and more unfunded, having to find our own means. So this summer we tried to be creative, Wiles said. The mens team did a bunch (of photos) in Norway. We did some in Chile, New Zealand -- and in the gym in Park City.Aside from raising money, Wiles said the photos showcase athletes bodies in a tasteful and strong way. She has received positive feedback from mothers with concerns over anorexia, fearful that their daughters feel pressured to follow very slim role models.I think everyone really likes the idea of displaying our bodies in a very athletic, powerful position, Wiles said. We work hard to be physically fit for our sport, and I think its really cool to show our fans and family what our bodies go through.One of the most sensitive issues when doing the photos was passers-by.In New Zealand, we did it at a ski resort and there were other people hiking a different ridge. They could see me, McKennis said. When Jacqui (Wiles) and I went off the downhill jump in Portillo (Chile), there were definitely a few creepy spectators. One of our coaches, helping drive us in a snowmobile, actually stopped and yelled at them.While not opposing the calendar, the U.S. ski federation has been very hands off with the whole project, McKennis said.Just because it is something that they saw as something risky, that athletes are showing their naked bodies to the public, McKennis said. They were just like `We dont want to be involved. If youre going to do this, you need to do it separately.Putting the calendar together ate into what little spare time the competitive skiers have.Were racing, were training. Its hard to be as proactive as we want to be with it, McKennis said. Evenings, whenever we can, we just try and fit it in. It can be really challenging.---http://www.alpine-aspirations.com/---AP Sports Writer Andrew Dampf in La Villa, Italy, contributed to this report.Chris Wagner Bruins Jersey . The Dane followed up his first European Tour title last weekend with eight birdies and just a single dropped shot on Thursday for a one-stroke advantage over South Africas Allan Versfeld and Portugals Ricardo Santos. Johnny Bucyk Jersey . The Masters champion and winner of last weeks Australian PGA has a three-round total of 14-under 199 at Royal Melbourne. "Im in a really good position for tomorrow," Scott said. http://www.thebostonbruinshockey.com/joakim-nordstrom-hockey-jersey/ . Isner, ranked No. 14, won his eighth career singles title and took the title in New Zealand for the second time after his victory in 2010. The match was similar to Isners quarterfinal victory over fifth-seeded Philipp Kohlschreiber which went to three sets, all tiebreaks and contained no breaks of serve. Ray Bourque Bruins Jersey . -- Arizona knocked off some quality opponents, rolled over a few overmatched ones and grinded out victories even when things didnt go so well. Custom Boston Bruins Jerseys . "Jeff is a hard worker who was an important special-teams contributor for us last season," said Stamps GM John Hufnagel. VANCOUVER -- Goalkeeper David Ousted received a most fitting welcome to Vancouver when he arrived Thursday afternoon. It rained. Although the new Vancouver Whitecaps recruit was beaming about his move to Canada from Danish Superliga side Randers FC, the grey skies and wet weather perhaps reminded him that pinching the starting spot from Brad Knighton is going to be no summer walk along the Stanley Park seawall. Ousted, 28, is coming off a superb season in Denmark where he steered Randers to third place in the Danish Superliga on the back of 14 shutouts and a spot in the upcoming UEFA Europa League. But the six-foot-three goalkeeper felt it was time for a change of scenery and a new challenge. "I wanted to try and go abroad and play in other places than Denmark and this was the place that had all the right features for me both on and off the field," he said at his introductory press conference Friday. While Ousted will have to wait until July 9 before he is eligible to play, his signing sets up a tantalizing battle in net between him and Knighton, who has a 3-1-1 record and a 2.00 goals-against-average in five MLS games this season. Could the Whitecaps have a Vancouver Canucks goalie situation on their hands? Vancouver head coach Martin Rennie said the club was "really honoured" to have snared the services of the respected Dane, however the onus is on the new recruit to earn his stripes. "Hes coming into a team thats doing well and hes coming into a situation where he will have to be at his absolute best to even get on the field," Rennie said. "Right now Brad Knightons the number one and hes been doing well while weve been getting good results. "(Brads) got a great presence as well and hes a strong leader too so I think that it will be a great battle. Theyre both around similar ages (Ousted is olderr, by five days), theyll push each other really hard and I think theyll both become better through the competition.dddddddddddd." Ousted said it was "important" for any team to have players vying for every position, but he is well aware of what is needed to claim the coveted No. 1 spot. "Hard work is the key to getting in there," he said. "Im going to get my physical levels up, Im going to work as hard as I can and when the coaches think Im ready, Ill get the chance and I will have to grab it." Before arriving in North America, Ousteds exposure to MLS was minimal at best, but he was able to get a taste of what to expect. "I quickly saw that the level is quite good over here," he said. "I went over and saw some of the matches and just the spectators and the whole hype around the game is something Im really looking forward to." Ousted hopes to bring his family over to Vancouver in about a month, but in the meantime he is aiming to get straight down to business on the training track on Monday. "Im looking forward to try and see if I can hit the ground running here, work hard and come in (to the team) as early as possible," he said. "So theres a lot of hard work for me in the next couple of weeks and then I hope to get settled really quick." Ousteds arrival brings the number of goalkeepers at the Whitecaps to four, with Knighton, veteran Joe Cannon and Simon Thomas already in the ranks, so plenty of eyes will be on the player between the posts going forward. But it doesnt bother the soft-spoken Roskilde native. "I love it (the scrutiny)," he said, flashing his pearly white smile. "You have the chance to be the hero and the villain on the same day. "Im looking forward to the pressure and I hope Ill be the hero most of the time." ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher
douglasjhonesy, chenyan94, alisawhite123, health

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: health
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 31328 Themen und 65421 Beiträge.

Xobor Forum Software von Xobor
Einfach ein eigenes Forum erstellen