make the team

in BullyGeister 16.08.2019 10:36
von jokergreen0220 | 1.785 Beiträge

FLORHAM PARK, N. Custom Houston Astros Jerseys .J. -- David Nelson was home in Texas and getting ready to head to a baseball game Monday night, when his agent called. Forget the Texas Rangers-Tampa Bay Rays wild-card tiebreaker, he told the wide receiver. "You should probably watch the football game," Nelson recalled him saying. "Because youre going to be playing next Monday night." The New York Jets signed Nelson on Wednesday, and the former Buffalo Bills wide receiver could make an immediate impact on a banged-up receiving corps. Santonio Holmes and Stephen Hill could both be sidelined for the Jets game against the Falcons at Atlanta on Monday night, so Nelson might need to be ready to play despite just getting to his new team. "Im confident that I can, when it comes to Monday," Nelson said, "Ill know where to be and when to be there." Holmes tweaked a hamstring at Tennessee last Sunday and is expected to miss a few games. Hill suffered a concussion, and his status was uncertain. "I think David is going to be a big-time target for us," quarterback Geno Smith said. Nelson played with Buffalo from 2010-12 and caught 94 passes for 1,042 yards and eight touchdowns. He signed with Cleveland in the off-season but was among the Browns final cuts before the regular season. The 6-foot-5, 215-pound Nelsons best season came in 2011, when he had 61 receptions for 658 yards and five touchdowns. "Ive never been involved in a West Coast system, per se," Nelson said about offensive co-ordinator Marty Mornhinwegs offence. "Routes are similar. Its just done in a little bit different manner as far as motioning and formations. But the routes are the same, so its just figuring out what routes go with what concept." He said hes completely healthy after he tore a ligament in his right knee in the Bills season opener last year -- against the Jets at MetLife Stadium. Nelson, who impressed the Jets during a workout last week, spent several hours working with receivers coach Sanjay Lal on Tuesday. Nelson said Smith also introduced himself and immediately took him to the film room to watch the Falcons offence together. "Hes a veteran guy, and youve got to get him up to speed in a hurry," coach Rex Ryan said. "I have no idea how much he knows of this system or anything else right now. But I know we had to defend against him. Hes a very capable receiver." In four games against the Jets, Nelson had 15 receptions for 189 yards and two TDs -- both in 2011. "I told him its good to finally be on his side so I dont have to worry about his schemes anymore," Nelson said he told Ryan. "And he turned around and said, Its good to have you on my side so I dont have to worry about scheming against you anymore. So, that was comforting and gave me a lot of confidence." Oh, and as far as that Rangers game, Nelson still went and watched Texas season end with a 5-2 loss to Tampa Bay. "Im a huge Rangers fan, and a huge baseball fan," Nelson said. "It was just a chance to celebrate with my brother and spend one last night in Dallas before it was back to the grind." Josh Reddick Astros Jersey . -- Mississippis Andrew Ritter said his game-winning, 41-yard field goal felt good off his foot. Yuli Gurriel Jersey . Nick Holden scored two goals and had an assist and the Avalanche held off the Nashville Predators 5-4 Saturday night for their fourth straight victory. http://www.baseballastrosproshop.com/jake-marisnick-astros-jersey/ . Sopoaga hit the upright with his first shot at goal from 15 metres. He then kicked nine goals in succession -- two conversions and seven penalties -- before being replaced in the 62nd minute, three points short of the Highlanders record for most points in a match.TORONTO - Cory Greenwood has a lot of catching up to do with the Toronto Argonauts.The Argos came to terms with the Canadian linebacker Tuesday, more than four years after taking him in the CFL draft. Toronto originally selected the Kingston, Ont., native third overall in 2010 but shortly afterwards he signed as a free agent with the NFLs Kansas City Chiefs.The six-foot-two, 235-pound Greenwood played three seasons with Kansas City, then joined the Detroit Lions, spending all of last season on injured reserve before being released.Just sitting through the meetings, its a different language, Greenwood said following his first practice with the Argos. Ive got so much to catch up on before Sunday, Im excited though.The Argos (7-9) visit the Montreal Alouettes (8-8) on Sunday afternoon in a key East Division contest as the winner will clinch a playoff berth.I dont know in what capacity theyre going to have me play . . . whatever my role is going to be Im just going to play, Greenwood said of Sundays game. I just need to get into the playbook and sink my teeth into it and justt learn that. Yuli Gurriel Astros Jersey. ts a tight race. I just want to come in here and do whatever I can do to help.Greenwood, 29, played 48 games with Kansas City, registering 35 tackles, primarily on special teams. The six-foot-two 235-pound Greenwood captured the Presidents Trophy in 09 as Canadian university footballs top defensive player.The NFL stands for Not For Long, so even my first year I had no idea I was going to make the team, he said. You really have no idea when your time is going to expire down there.I feel like I was blessed to be able to play there, I learned a lot as far as techniques and stuff about the game that hopefully I can bring here and help this team win.Toronto also released defensive back Harold Mutabola from its practice roster.Cory was a top prospect when we drafted him in the first round in 2010 out of Concordia University, Argos GM Jim Barker said in a statement. He has since spent three years as a professional football player and we are excited to see the type of player he has become and how he will be able to contribute to our team. ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher
robyinghod, douglasjhonesy, chenyan94, alisawhite123, health

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: robyinghod
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 31328 Themen und 65421 Beiträge.

Xobor Forum Software von Xobor
Einfach ein eigenes Forum erstellen