because you never want to be that way, Maddon said. You gain experience, and you gain your ability or your ways

in Online-Shop-Napfputzer 21.11.2017 14:24
von t123 | 2.340 Beiträge

GLENDALE, Ariz. Youth Jets Jerseys. -- On what he called a proud day, Tyrann Mathieu added a rich chapter to his remarkable comeback story by signing a five-year, $62.5 million contract extension Wednesday.The deal makes him one of the highest-paid defensive backs in the game.Although an initial report put Mathieus guaranteed money at $40 million, a person close to the situation clarified that the player was guaranteed $21.25 million at signing, including a $15.5 million signing bonus. The rest of the money is guaranteed if hes on the team in later years of the deal. The person asked for anonymity because the details had not been officially released.Still, it is a big reward for a do-everything All-Pro defender who was considered such a high risk by many when Arizona selected him in the third round of the 2013 draft.All of us have challenges in our lives, Cardinals President Michael Bidwill said, but I think the story of Tyrann Mathieu is a very special one. Its a story thats not over yet. Today is just a new chapter. When you look at some of the things about the game of football, you look at determination, you look at commitment, you look at the love for the game, and you look at Tyrann Mathieu.Mathieus aunt and uncle, Tyrone and Sheila Mathieu, who adopted him as a child, were on hand at the news conference that followed the contract signing. So was another uncle, Ricardo Mathieu. Also there were Mathieus longtime girlfriend Sydni Russell and one of his two sons, a lively youngster introduced by Bidwill as Little Ty or Little Savage.Id like to thank God. Ive been truly blessed, Mathieu said in his opening remark. Hes given me a lot of grace. Hes had some patience with me.Mathieu thanked his aunt and uncle for helping him through a rough childhood in New Orleans.Its been a long road, Mathieu said. Its been a long journey. Id like to thank my adopted parents for putting me in private schools, even though I was a knucklehead growing up, they did everything they could to kind of shelter me. Im truly grateful.Mathieu was a standout player at LSU, a finalist for the Heisman Trophy as a sophomore in 2011. But he was kicked off the team for marijuana use in 2012 and spent a night in jail after a police bust at his apartment. Mathieu spent an entire season out of football.But after repeated interviews, the Cardinals took a chance on him.Im here to tell you hes made me a better man and a better GM, general manager Steve Keim said, because hes done a lot of things for me in opening up my mind and changing some of my philosophies. I grew up in the scouting life where you rarely gave people second chances and this guy changed my philosophy.Mathieu, whose multitude of fans know him as the Honey Badger, quickly developed into a standout player and evolved into a team leader. His LSU teammate for a season, Cardinals All-Pro cornerback Patrick Peterson, took Mathieu under his wing. Peterson, carrying his infant daughter, attended the news conference.I plan on being the best player on the field, Mathieu said, and I plan on being like Patrick off the football field.On the field, Mathieu thrived with his versatility and football acumen. Hes listed as a safety but plays at least as much at cornerback. Keim said Mathieu has the best football instincts of any player hes seen.The Cardinals signed Mathieu to the big contract even though hes undergone surgery on both knees after injuries in two of his three NFL seasons. He has yet to play a full season and currently is on the physically unable to perform list. But Keim said he had no doubt that Mathieu would have many healthy days on the field.You question whether certain guys will come back with certain injuries, Keim said, and some of that is mentality and mindset. Youd have to hit this kid over the head a hundred times to get him to quit. Thats why hes `the Badger.Mathieu emphasized that this is not some happy ending to a story.This is a process for me. I dont think its ever going to end, he said. So for me its all about staying on the straight and narrow, being the right kind of guy. I know everything else will kind of handle itself. This is a proud day for me.---AP NFL website: www.pro32.ap.org and www.twitter.com/AP-NFL Discount Jets Jerseys. LOUIS -- Rookie Tavon Austin has missed another day of practice, lessening the odds hell be ready for the St. Adidas Jets Jerseys. -- Linebacker Myles Jack ran for four touchdowns, defensive end Cassius Marsh caught a scoring pass, and No. http://www.cheapwinnipegjetsjerseyschina.com/. Darren Helm scored on Detroits sixth attempt in the shootout and then Jonas Gustavsson stopped Andrew Shaws shot, lifting the Detroit Red Wings to a 5-4 win over the Chicago Blackhawks on Wednesday night. The influence of manager Joe Maddon has spread well beyond Wrigley Field now that he has pulled off what many Cubs fans thought theyd never see and led the team to the World Series.In a city where Jordan is still revered, the mantra of wanna be like Mike might soon be replaced by Joe Knows.At Northwestern Universitys Kellogg School of Business, where an MBA will cost you well over $100,000, theyre teaching Maddon. Harry Kraemer is a professor of strategy, the former CEO of pharmaceutical firm Baxter International Inc., and a Cubs fan. He can fill an hour with animated talk about Maddon.My whole lecture the other night was literally on how Joe Maddon is a perfect example of a value-based leader, Kraemer said. Ive got 80 students who are into this in a big way.Going back to his Tampa Bay Ray days, Maddons reputation as an off-beat leader has gotten a lot of headlines. Hes a no worries kind of guy who shrugs off any trips to negative town.During last seasons pennant race, when the Cubs ultimately fell short, he was a leader trying to keep a very young team loose. There was Maddon on the field petting a flamingo named Warren , one of the zoo animals he had brought to Wrigley in August 2015 for the Cubs and their families. A few weeks later, the Cubs wore onesie pajamas home on an overnight flight from Los Angeles. Every player was part of it and, if the team photo of the odd moment is proof, most if not all had fun.There are also the Maddon-coined slogans, like Try not to suck, that have found their way to T-shirts seen around town.`Control the controllable, that has been my mantra ever since he said it a few weeks ago, said Elaine Maimon, Cubs fan and Governors State University president who wrote an article in early October on Maddons managerial gifts.Its not just the sloganeering and the funny stuff that Maddon gets right, admirers say. He trusts his players and assistants to do their job, understands how they fit into the team and finds a way to get value out of a guy like light-hitting, 39-year-old catcher David Ross.Maddon himself couldnt play it straight when asked about his management style and who he has learned from.Michael Scott, probably the biggest influence, Maddon said Friday before Game 3 against the Indians, referring to the less-than-gifted manager from The Office portrayed by actor Steve Carell.Tom Gimbel, the CEO of the recruiting firm LaSallle Network and a Cubs fan, said the Series is a showcase for good management -- Maddon, well-respected Indians boss Terry Francona and the man who at different times has hired both. Jets Jerseys From China. Cubs executive Theo Epstein hired Maddon, and he hired Francona in Boston when he was with the Red Sox.Its in the off-beat gestures where a lot of managers and business leaders hope theyre a little like Maddon. During one bad stretch of business at LaSalle, Gimbel said, he decided on a particularly miserable day that everyone needed a milk shake.It was crappy weather in Chicago and things were terrible, he said. Youve got to get people out of their own heads.Kraemer knows the value of such gestures. He said he spent hours sitting above dunk tanks at carnivals for Baxter employees so their kids could drop him in the water again and again. Nothing like dunking the boss.You end up finding ways to relate to people so you can influence them, Kraemer said. Hey, hes kind of crazy, too. Youre human like everybody else.Maddon worked in the shadows for years, first as a minor league player who never made the majors, then as a scout, coach and in other roles for 31 years before he became the Tampa Bay Rays manager in 2006.They dont see the amount of work (he) put in, Gimbel said. He wasnt a good professional player, he was a good student of the game.And without wins, the managerial tricks would soon look a whole lot less fun to the people he works for.If youve got a boss, and youre not delivering and your people are running around in pajamas, youve got a bigger problem, Kraemer said. Youre going to be fired.Not this year, and Maddon is quick to credit his former coaches for imparting common sense wisdom over the yearsAnd then beyond that, I think you take bits and pieces away from all the guys that you had, but theres a lot of guys you had that you thought did poorly, and you take a lot from them, also, because you never want to be that way, Maddon said. You gain experience, and you gain your ability or your ways in regards to doing things from those that are good, but you can really learn from the guys that you think do it poorly, too.---AP Sports Writer Andrew Seligman contributed to this report.---Follow David Mercer on Twitter: (at)davidmercerAP Cheap NFL JerseysCheap NFL Jerseys ChinaCheap Jerseys From ChinaCheap NFL Jerseys AuthenticWholesale Jerseys ChinaCheap NFL Jerseys ChinaNFL Cheap Jerseys' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: zephrofel
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 19191 Themen und 52915 Beiträge.

Xobor Forum Software von Xobor
Einfach ein eigenes Forum erstellen