“Based on the way

in 1..2..3..Meins 02.08.2018 03:49
von hongwei28 | 364 Beiträge

CLEVELAND — There is no team Edwin Jackson enjoys facing more than the one he will face Saturday afternoon at Progressive Field. The 34-year-old right-hander will be on the mound for the Oakland A’s Bobby Doerr Jersey , facing a Cleveland Indians team Jackson has beaten 10 times in a row.

It’s been more than 10 years since Jackson lost to Cleveland. The last time, and the only time, he lost to the Indians was on Aug. 17, 2007, when Jackson was pitching for Tampa Bay.

Since then, Jackson is 10-0 against the Indians. In 16 career appearances against Cleveland Youth Cassius Marsh Jersey , Jackson is 10-1 with a 2.76 ERA. His 10 wins against the Indians match his most victories against any opponent. He has also beaten Pittsburgh 10 times.

Jackson’s 10-game winning streak against Cleveland is the longest by any pitcher against the Indians since Charlie Hough won 13 in a row from June 30, 1984, to April 4, 1988.

If all that wasn’t impressive enough, Jackson’s record in eight career appearances at Progressive Field is 5-0 with a 1.90 ERA.

The A’s signed Jackson to a minor league contract in early June, and called him up to the majors on June 23. He is 1-0 with a 2.13 ERA overall this season after making two starts for Oakland.

“Based on the way he was available and the way he’s been able to pitch for us it’s a surprise Youth Darius Leonard Jersey , but he’s always been able to do that a little bit with the sinker and the four-seamer,” A’s manager Bob Melvin said, according to USA Today.

“Now he just manipulates a little bit more and the off-speed stuff with the changeup speed and the slider. It really keeps you off-balance.”

Jackson’s last start was against the Indians, and it resulted in a 7-2 victory in Oakland on June 30. He pitched 6 2/3 innings, allowing two runs on two hits, with six strikeouts.

The Indians will start ace Corey Kluber on Saturday. Kluber (12-4 Authentic James Washington Jersey , 2.64 ERA) started the season very strong, but has had a couple of tough outings over his last four starts. In his first 14 starts, Kluber was 10-2 with a 1.99 ERA. However, in his last four starts he is 2-2, with a 5.95 ERA.

Kluber’s last start was a 9-3 win over Kansas City on Monday, a game in which Kluber pitched six innings Authentic Fred Warner Jersey , giving up three runs on seven hits with five strikeouts and no walks.

In two starts against the A’s last year Kluber was 1-0 with a 2.03 ERA. In eight career appearances, including seven starts, against Oakland he is 2-4 with a 2.66 ERA.

The Indians won the first game of the series 10-4 Friday night. In the last two meetings between the two teams Cleveland has outscored Oakland 25-7.

The Indians on Friday designated for assignment reliever George Kontos to clear a roster spot for pitcher Carlos Carrasco, who was activated off the disabled list and started Friday’s game.

The Indians will be adding another player in the not too distant future. The team has signed outfielder Melky Cabrera to a minor league contract as an eventual replacement for outfielder Lonnie Chisenhall, who was placed on the 10-day disabled list on Tuesday with a left calf strain.

“It’s a significant strain. He’s going to miss considerable time,” said Indians manager Terry Francona.

Cabrera played 17 games with the Indians earlier this season Jason Kipnis Jersey , hitting .207. He was designated for assignment on June 14. He had three hits Thursday in his first game at Triple-A Columbus.

“Three hits in his first game is pretty phenomenal,” Francona said. “We want to let him get his legs under him, but when he signed he knew he wasn’t going to stay (at Columbus) forever. So at some point we’ll have to make a decision (on how to add Cabrera to the major league roster).”

nach oben springen

was happy for hi

in 1..2..3..Meins 02.08.2018 03:55

All Zach Miller knows is he’s not setting any limits on his recovery – and his doctors aren’t either.

Whether the Chicago Bears‘ tight end can play again after a gruesome injury last season nearly cost him his left leg still is to be determined.

”There has not been a definitive `You can never do this again Carlos Baerga Jersey ,”’ Miller said.

”That hasn’t been talked about. It’s approach this as you are planning to get back to where I can be myself and play football, and then when that time comes some of that is out of my hands. So, I’m just going to do as much as I can to get to that point and see what happens.”

The Bears placed Miller on the physically unable to perform list on Tuesday, one day after he signed a one-year contract. The deal was at least a goodwill gesture for a popular player who dislocated his knee trying to make a touchdown catch during the Week 8 game at New Orleans. He has undergone nine surgeries since then, but was walking on his own by late December.

Miller has been spending several hours a day at the team’s facility in rehab and meetings. Though he is not yet allowed to run Authentic Martavis Bryant Jersey , he can at least play with his children.

He’s also wearing a brace on his leg to hold up a dropped foot that was brought on by nerve damage. The nerve started functioning again in the past month, and Miller ”wanted to have a party” that day.

”I don’t think I’ve ever been mentally defeated – ever,” he said. ”I feel good. I’m happy with where I’m at and with my recovery. I’m happy with the steps that we’ve made. Positivity has been one of my qualities that’s helped get me through all this stuff. I’m in a good place right now.”

He said being around the team, having ”that brotherhood” and people who ”check in on me” helps.

Miller also praised chairman George McCaskey and an organization that has ”taken care of me since Day 1.”

”It’s tough for me to put it into words what it means to me, but very thankful and just grateful to be a part of this family Carlton Fisk Jersey ,” he added.

Defensive end Akiem Hicks was glad to see the organization taking care of his teammate.

”That’s what it said to me, that they’re willing to make sure that we’re all right and give us the opportunity to get better and just loyalty,” he said.

Coach Matt Nagy called it ”without a doubt” the ”right thing to do.”

”I was happy for him,” Nagy said. ”We talked along with (general manager Ryan Pace) and it’s a good story and it needed to be done.”

Miller signed a futures contract with the Bears at the end of the 2013 season. After spending 2014 on injured reserve, he started 28 of 33 games while making 101 receptions for 1 Cheap Da'Ron Payne Jersey ,161 yards and 11 touchdowns the past three years. He also spent three seasons with Jacksonville.

A healthy Miller probably would have a big role on a team that invested heavily on the offense in the offseason in order to get the most out of quarterback Mitchell Trubisky.

The Bears hired an offensive-minded coach in Nagy to replace the fired John Fox and overhauled their receiving group, most notably signing Allen Robinson.

They believe bigger things are in store after four straight last-place finishes in the NFC North. And Miller would love to play in Nagy’s offense.

”That’s the bittersweet part of it, seeing first of all how awesome Coach Nagy is, not only as a guy but his football knowledge is unbelievable,” Miller said.

”Very cool Authentic Cassius Marsh Jersey , very collected, has a little bit of swagger to him, which is just fun to be around. Then you go to the football field and you look at the scheme that we have. It would be a lot of fun to be a part of. It’s not in the cards quite yet for me to take part in that.

”But as I sit and I watch and I see the weapons that we have and what we’ve added, the dynamic ability that we have as a collective group, positive future here and I’m excited to be a part of it.”

nach oben springen

and will add

in 1..2..3..Meins 21.08.2018 04:49

>WASHINGTON 鈥斅燱ashington and Baltimore added to their rosters after the 2018 NFL Draft wrapped up Saturday with the Burgundy and Gold signing RB Martez Carter from Grambling State Authentic Jake Arrieta Jersey , CB Danny Johnson out of Southern, CB Rico McWilliams from Southeast Missouri State and OT Timon Parris out of Stony Brook.More moves for the Redskins are expected ahead of the teams first rookie mini-camp May 11-13 that includes the eight draft picks the team took this past Thursday, Friday and Saturday.The Ravens who picked 12 players in the draft, also added to their roster by inking WR Jaelon Acklin from Western Illinois, LB Chris Board out of North Dakota State, CB Jordan Brown from James Madison, OL Randin Crecelius out of Portland State, OT Justin Evans from South Carolina State Trenton Cannon Color Rush Jersey , C Alex Thompson out of Monmouth and RB De’Lance Turner from Alcorn State.Baltimore will hold their three-day rookie mini-camp either May 4-7 or from May 11-14. Like WTOP on Facebook and follow WTOP on to engage in conversation about this article and others.漏 2018 WTOP. All Rights Reserved. This website is not intended for users located within the European Economic Area. The Kansas City Chiefs have agreed to deals with wide receiver Sammy Watkins and middle linebacker Anthony Hitchens, filling two of their most glaring needs on the eve of free agency.

The 24-year-old Watkins intends to sign a $48 million, three-year contract with $30 million in guarantees, while the 25-year-old Hitchens agreed to a five-year deal, two people familiar with their decisions told The Associated Press on Tuesday.

The people spoke on condition of anonymity because the contracts, along with several other moves made by Kansas City, cannot become official until the start of the free agency Wednesday afternoon.

The Chiefs have been looking for a playmaking wide receiver to pair with speedster Tyreek Hill since last offseason, but resorted to using Chris Conley in the role. Then Conley went down with a season-ending injury Patriots Authentic Jerseys , robbing the Chiefs of their No. 2 wide receiver and forcing journeyman Albert Wilson into a more substantial role in their West Coast offense.

But questions persist about Conley's health and long-term upside, and Wilson has agreed to a free-agent deal with the Miami Dolphins, leaving the Chiefs in the market for a wide receiver.

Watkins was considered one of the premier talents on the market.

The 2014 fourth overall pick of the Buffalo Bills spent last season with the Los Angeles Rams, where he caught 39 passes for 593 yards and eight touchdowns. And while he seems far removed from his best season in 2015, when he caught 60 passes for 1,047 yards and nine scores in a season shorted by injury, the Chiefs undoubtedly believe Watkins has yet to reach his ceiling.

It would help matters if he stayed healthy. Along with a calf strain and ankle sprain that season, he's had hip issues in the past Authentic Martinas Rankin Jersey , and missed eight games in 2016 with a fractured left foot.

Buffalo decided to decline its fifth-year option on Watkins after all the injuries, and wound up sending him to the Rams last August for cornerback E.J. Gaines and a draft pick.

On defense, the Chiefs have been trying to get younger across the board, releasing cornerstone linebackers Derrick Johnson and Tamba Hali and shuffling their defensive backfield.

Hitchens, who The Kansas City Star reported will make about $9 million per season, would fill Johnson's spot alongside Reggie Ragland in the middle of the defense. The 2014 fourth-round pick had 84 tackles in only 12 starts last season, when a knee injury sidelined him the first four games.

Hitchens also had a couple of pass deflections and nine tackles for a loss, and showed flashes of the same kind of instincts that made Johnson the Chiefs' career tackles leader.

Watkins and Hitchens are expected to sign their contracts Wednesday Joe Montana Jersey , when the new league year means the Chiefs can finally consummate their agreed-upon trades sending quarterback Alex Smith to the Washington Redskins and cornerback Marcus Peters to the Rams.

The Chiefs will get cornerback Kendall Fuller and a draft pick back from Washington and two picks back from Los Angeles, allowing them to restock with younger players through the draft.

Kansas City intends to turn its starting quarterback job over to Patrick Mahomes II, whom former general manager John Dorsey traded up to select 10th overall last year. Mahomes dazzled during training camp and was dynamic in a Week 17 start against Denver, when the Chiefs were already assured of the AFC West title and their playoff positioning, allowing Smith to take the week off.

That performance against the Broncos is what made the Chiefs comfortable moving on from Smith, who had a career season that made him coveted by several other teams in the trade market.

nach oben springen

system that they

in 1..2..3..Meins 21.08.2018 05:01

Robert Griffin III is poised to resume his NFL career about 35 miles away from where he started it.

The former Washington Redskins quarterback has reached agreement on a 1-year contract with the Baltimore Ravens Kerryon Johnson Youth Jersey , who love the idea of having the 2011 Heisman Trophy winner backing up 10-year starter Joe Flacco.

"Obviously, his personality, he's a confident guy. He's a very talented quarterback," coach John Harbaugh said of Griffin on Wednesday. "He's had a lot of success in this league early on. We're excited about it. We felt like we needed a No. 2 quarterback."

Griffin's last previous stop in an injury-riddled career came in 2016 with the Cleveland Browns. He started five games, winning only one of them.

General manager Ozzie Newsome said Griffin, 28, didn't have far to travel before showing the Ravens he can still fling the ball.

"He still lives in the D.C./Virginia area," Newsome said. "We were bringing in some receivers and we asked him if he would come in and throw and go through a full workout for us. He took a physical. He did all of that. After that, he went to visit another team. We just were able to come to an agreement."

The terms were finalized late Tuesday night, and Newsome expects RG3 to sign the contract next week.

"I feel like we got a steal," Harbaugh said. "I felt like (Griffin) really wanted to be here. He really wanted to be a Raven."

Griffin won the Heisman Trophy with Baylor before being selected second overall in the 2012 draft by the Redskins. He enjoyed a sensational rookie season, throwing 20 touchdown passes and only five interceptions Cheap Luke Falk Jersey , but his career took a decisive downturn after he tore knee ligaments in a playoff loss to Seattle.

RG3 returned in 2013 but was benched after throwing 16 TD passes and 13 interceptions. The following season, a dislocated ankle limited his effectiveness.

Griffin missed the 2015 season after sustaining a concussion during the preseason. After being released by Washington, he signed with the Browns in 2016.

He started the opener, sustained a shoulder injury and was put in injured reserve the following Monday. Griffin returned to play the final four games and was the starting quarterback the last time the Browns won, against San Diego on Dec. 24, 2016.

Andrew Luck's big secret is finally out. He's been throwing a football for weeks 鈥?and now he's throwing in public, too.

Nearly 17 months after undergoing surgery on his injured right shoulder, Luck jogged onto the practice field Tuesday wearing a red jersey, strapping on a helmet and picking up a special ball as he started throwing in front of reporters for the first time since October.

No, it wasn't a regulation NFL ball and the longest pass he attempted was only about a 20-yard lob, but it still was progress.

"It's a lighter football," Luck said Dallas Goedert Color Rush Jersey , referring to the striped football he tossed around. "It's sort of a bridge. I've thrown a real football, 'The Duke,' whatever you want to call it. I've picked it up and I've thrown it and it felt great. And honestly, there was a little mental block to doing it and I had to do it sort of by myself."

Throughout the process, the Colts have been tight-lipped about Luck's progression.

Just last week, coach Frank Reich acknowledged Luck was "real close" to throwing.

He even played "toss" with Luck three weeks ago, the first and only time he has thrown "The Duke," the standard NFL ball. Luck then swore him to secrecy, and Reich obliged the team's biggest star.

"Sorry, I confess. It really was hard for me to say that," Reich said of the continual denials about Luck throwing a football. "It really wasn't a workout. That was how I justified it in my mind."

The wait for Luck's expected return from a partially torn labrum, which kept him out all of last season Bradley Zimmer Cleveland Indians Jersey , has been as agonizing for Luck as it has been for Colts' fans.

Just two weeks after he started throwing in October, the Colts shut down Luck because of what he described as lingering soreness. He changed the description Tuesday, saying the soreness was actually real pain.

Luck spent a couple of weeks seeking second opinions before heading to Europe where he continued working out until late December. He returned to the team complex just before the regular-season finale and presumably had spent the past six months ramping up to start throwing between the end of minicamp and the start of training camp in late July.

Just last week, Reich said Luck was "real close" to throwing.

Clearly, though, the second round of rehab has gone far better than the first.

"I had pain last year and then I wasn't being honest to myself about it," Luck said. "I was trying to get through pain, per se. There's none of that right now. My arm feels normal (now). Doing things feels normal."

Reich said the plan is for Luck to steadily ramp up his throwing so he can throw four times per week at camp to mimic a regular-season schedule. Even preseason appearances could be possible.

Reich and team owner Jim Irsay believe Luck will make his first start in almost 21 months when the Cincinnati Bengals come to town Sept. 9.

Luck agrees.

"I really think there are not hurdles, it's just us protecting him," Irsay said. "I think we'll go through the progression of the preseason and he'll be ready to go against the Bengals."

Skeptics note all of this has been said before.

Last August, Irsay was still saying he expected Luck to come back during the first month of the season. Instead, Luck never took a snap.

But Luck and the Colts insist this time is different Tony Romo Cowboys Jersey , and not just because Luck is throwing earlier in the process than last season.

"I can just tell you he has looked really good in his sessions. There have been enough sessions that I have seen 鈥?with whatever kind of ball it is 鈥?it's looked good," said Reich, a former NFL quarterback who had similar surgery after his 14-year pro career ended. "There have been some throws where I would say letting it all out rip."

Luck was cautious and played it close to the vest with the nearly two dozen throws he made Tuesday.

That's also part of the plan, and one Luck believes will get his career back on track.

"I just believe I'm on the right path. I believe I'm going to be absolutely 鈥?I believe I'm going to be better than I was. I really, really do," he said. "I believe I'll be a better quarterback for this team, a better teammate."

nach oben springen

Darvish threw an

in 1..2..3..Meins 21.08.2018 05:08

New Jersey and Pittsburgh have met three times this season and the surprising Devils knocked off the defending Stanley Cup champion Penguins each time.

Thursday night at the Prudential Center Authentic Taylor Hall Jersey , the Devils look to finish a sweep of the four-game season series when they host the Penguins.

“We’ve played some of the best teams in the league and hung tough with them,” said Devils center Blake Coleman, also referring to his club’s perfect record against the East-leading Tampa Bay Lightning. “Games against teams like this, good teams are going to have big pushes and it’s how you handle those pushes. We’ve done a good job with that and found different ways to win.”

The Devils opened the season series by beating the Penguins at home 3-1 on Feb. 3. Twenty-four days later, they bested their Metropolitan Division rivals 3-2 in Pittsburgh. Then just last week, the Devils skated to a 4-3 win in Pittsburgh on Taylor Hall’s overtime goal.

“They’re a strong team, they’ve won back-to-back Stanley Cups, they’ve got skill on all four lines, and they’re hard to play against,” Hall said of the Penguins. “You have to learn to hang with them, handle those momentum changes, play when there’s a lot of chaos going on and stave off those rough stages in a game. We’re still learning all that against a team like them.”

Hall, New Jersey’s top scorer with a career-high 33 goals and 85 points this season, has five points in the three previous games against the Penguins. He also enters play Thursday on a five-game point-scoring streak following his three-assist effort in Tuesday’s 4-3 comeback win over the Carolina Hurricanes.

That victory puts New Jersey on a three-game winning streak. At a time when every point is crucial and the Devils are trying to fend off the Florida Panthers for the final wild-card spot in the East, they are finding ways to consistently win games Authentic Kerryon Johnson Jersey , with six victories in their last eight contests.

“It’s important our kids learn how to play in these kinds of games,” said Devils coach John Hynes. “You can’t do that in the 20th game or 30th game of the season. These lessons can only be learned now.”

Thursday’s game is important to the Penguins as well, and that goes beyond trying to avoid a sweep at the hands of the Devils. With five games remaining on their schedule, the Penguins can finish anywhere between second in the division to eighth in the conference. They only hold a four-point lead on the Devils, and New Jersey has a game in hand.

The Penguins come off a 5-2 loss to the Detroit Red Wings on Tuesday and are 4-2-2 in their last eight games after reeling off nine wins in the previous 12 games.

“This is an important part of the year, so we have to have more urgency to get those points when we can grab it,” Penguins defenseman Kris Letang told the team’s web site.

In the three losses to the Devils, Pittsburgh has only six goals. Sidney Crosby has two of those, Evgeni Malkin one. Considering how those two superstars terrorized the rest of the league this season, New Jersey can feel good about how they’ve held Crosby and Malkin in check — and even better about how the rest of the team has been shut down.

“We have mental lapses for short periods of time and it’s costing us,” Penguins coach Mike Sullivan explained following last week’s loss to the Devils. “You can’t have that at this time of the year.”

Matt Murray is expected to start in goal Thursday for the Penguins, while the Devils likely will go with Keith Kinkaid for the eighth time in the past nine games. Kinkaid started all three games against Pittsburgh this season and made 40 saves in the overtime win against the Penguins a week ago.

Sam Darnold huddled up with his Pad to keep on top of the New York Jets' offense during his brief contract holdout.

The rookie quarterback missed the first three practices of training camp while his representatives ironed out details of his four-year, $30.5 million fully guaranteed deal. But Darnold wasn't very far from the field 鈥?literally.

Staying at a hotel just a few deep passes down the road from the Jets' practice facility, the No. 3 overall pick was able to view film of the team's camp sessions on his own while staying patient as his contract negotiations played out.

"It sucked watching them," Darnold said Wednesday Authentic Justin Faulk Jersey , speaking to reporters for the first time since rejoining the team Monday. "But at the same time, I knew what needed to be done. It was tough watching them, but at the same time, I knew that it was necessary."

The hang-up appeared to be over contract language 鈥?namely offsets and possibly defaults 鈥?and Pro Football Talk first reported that the deal includes offset language on future guarantees 鈥?if he gets cut. But the Jets also agreed to pay the quarterback's full $20 million signing bonus within 15 days after Darnold signed Monday and removed language in the deal voiding guarantees based on fines by the NFL.

"I thought it played out great," Darnold said. "But honestly, you know, I think with the way that everything worked out, that's why I have great agents because they're able to figure that stuff out. And then whenever I get back on the field, that's my job and my job is to play football to the best of my ability."

While sitting out camp, Darnold said he worked out at the hotel gym and also was able to throw passes at a nearby high school with fellow clients of his agents' group 鈥?CAA 鈥?serving as his receivers.

Darnold is competing with Josh McCown and Teddy Bridgewater for the Jets' starting job, but has to make up for a little bit of lost time because of his early camp absences.

"That's a coach's decision," Darnold said when asked if his goal is to be the starter in Week 1. "The competitor in me, yeah, I want to start. But at the same time, it's about the team and what's best for the team."

Darnold has appeared comfortable running the offense Youth Courtland Sutton Jersey , hardly looking like a lost 21-year-old who's simply trying to tread water. He has made his share of mistakes, too, but his ability to immediately bounce back from them has been impressive.

"It was the second day for him," coach Todd Bowles said. "He's learning, progressing. He'll watch the film, learn and get better."

After having his arm hit as he was throwing a pass that was intercepted by Morris Claiborne, Darnold completed a long pass to Chad Hansen for a big gain.

"We always talk about it in the quarterbacks room, but we also talk about it as a team: You want to limit your mistakes," Darnold said. "At the same time, if you do make a mistake, you don't want to keep your head down. You want to hold your head up high and go after the next play with all you've got. So that's kind of our mentality here, but that's also been my mentality throughout playing football."

That cool-headed, veteran-like approach has impressed his teammates.

"Just his decision-making with the football," running back Bilal Powell said. "Just taking what the defense gives him and not just trying to force it in there. He's a smart guy and I think he's going to do well in this league."

Added Bridgewater: "I'm a huge fan of Sam Darnold. I'm glad to be in the quarterback room with him."

While a rookie holding out might rub some teammates the wrong way, many insisted they understand the business side of the game and didn't resent Darnold for not being there with them when camp opened.

That didn't make the young QB immune from some good-natured razzing Breeland Speaks Jersey Elite , of course.

He received a slow-clap as he jogged onto the field for the first time Monday, causing him to break into a sheepish smile just before practice.

"That was awesome," Darnold said with a laugh. "To be able to just be a part of that, not really expecting anything and them doing that, it kind of pushed everything 鈥?me not showing up to camp on time and me being late 鈥?it kind of pushed all that aside. It made me feel comfortable and made me feel like a part of the team."

Darnold was the main attraction during and after practice Wednesday, with a couple dozen reporters and cameras surrounding him as he spoke.

Even the other two quarterbacks knew who everyone wanted to hear from.

Bridgewater went first and cracked about how he was part of the undercard to the main event. McCown then compared himself to a warmup act at a concert.

"I've only got three songs," the 39-year-old quarterback joked, "and one of 'em is a cover."

Then, the headliner made his way to the podium.

"Personally, because I have really high expectations for myself, I've got a ways to go in terms of growth," Darnold said. "But I feel comfortable with the offense at a rudimentary level."

nach oben springen

Royals: RHP Brad

in 1..2..3..Meins 21.08.2018 05:13

In early April Roberto Perez Jersey , Chris Herrmann was a free-agent catcher sitting on his couch at home wondering if he was going to play baseball again.

Now he is. And the Mariners are glad they found him.

Herrmann hit his first home run for Seattle, and Marco Gonzales pitched six solid innings to lead the Mariners to a 4-1 victory over the Los Angeles Angels on Thursday night.

Gonzales (9-5) gave up five hits while striking out seven in a 102-pitching outing. The lone run he gave up was Kole Calhoun’s sacrifice fly in the fourth inning to tie the game at 1.

Considering how rough a first inning the left-hander had, Gonzales gladly took the outcome.

”It was a constant chess game,” Gonzales said.

He had no control over his sinker. His changeup wasn’t getting over the plate. And he was working with a catcher in Herrmann – called up from the minors in late-May – with whom he had no familiarity.

But after regular catcher Mike Zunino was placed on the 10-day disabled list Thursday with a bruised left foot, it was up to Herrmann and Gonzales to figure things out.

”In that first inning, (Gonzales) did not have it. He really didn’t,” Mariners manager Scott Servais said. ”I’ve been around a long time, and you see pitchers with six-to-seven years’ experience in this league that panic. They don’t have it, and they throw in the towel.

”It says a lot about his maturity and where he’s at.”

Gonzales escaped a bases-loaded jam in the first by getting Albert Pujols to ground into a double play.

”Give Gonzales some credit,” Angels manager Mike Scioscia said. ”He made some pitches and got out of it.”

In the fifth, Guillermo Heredia’s line drive went over Justin Upton’s head in left field for an RBI double gave Seattle the lead back at 2-1.

In the seventh inning, Herrmann’s solo blast off reliever Miguel Almonte carried deep into the right-field bleachers. Not a bad ending for a guy who did not find out he was in the starting lineup until five hours before first pitch.

”I know a lot of pitchers here have a lot of confidence behind Mike behind the plate Authentic Josh Allen Jersey , and I hope I can gain that confidence from these guys as well,” said Herrmann, who was signed by the Mariners to a minor league deal in early April after being designated for assignment by Arizona at the end of spring training. ”I am trying to do my part and fill in while he is gone.”

Dee Gordon tripled into the right-field corner with two outs, and Jean Segura greeted reliever Cam Bedrosian with a high-chopping RBI single to third baseman David Fletcher to extend Seattle’s lead to 4-1.

Gordon also saved a run in the eighth with his highlight-reel diving catch of Ian Kinsler’s line drive behind second base.

”It was just instincts. I just jumped as far as I could,” Gordon said.

Edwin Diaz struck out the side in the ninth to lock up his major league-leading 34th save.

The Mariners have not lost a home series since May 6, when they dropped two of three games to the Angels. They are 6-0-3 during that span.

Angels starter Jaime Barria (5-5) gave up two runs in 5 1/3 innings.

HERNANDEZ BACK `BETTER’

Seattle right-hander Felix Hernandez insists he feels much better before his scheduled start Friday against Colorado than he did nearly a week ago.

Hernandez tweaked his back during a workout in Baltimore. It tightened on him before his start Saturday against Kansas City – one in which he surrendered three earned runs before recording an out in a 6-4 victory. With the help of heat and ice packs, and more stretching, Hernandez’s back has felt better this week. He even threw an abbreviated bullpen session.

”I am better today, more loose,” Hernandez said. ”I will be fine.”

BIRTHDAY BOY

What did Japanese star Shohei Ohtani get on the day of his 24th birthday Thursday in Seattle? He got a seat on the bench against Gonzales, a left-hander. With Albert Pujols serving as the designated hitter, Jefry Marte got the start at first base after being activated from the 10-day disabled list earlier in the day.

Ohtani struck out in the ninth inning as a pinch hitter against Diaz.

ROSTER RESHUFFLING

Angels: To make room for Marte Cowboys Dorance Armstrong Jr. Jersey , the Angels sent outfielder Jabari Blash to Triple-A Salt Lake.

Mariners: Left-handed pitcher Ariel Miranda, who started 29 games last season, was granted his unconditional release from Triple-A Tacoma to pursue playing opportunities in Japan.

TRAINER’S ROOM

Angels: Outfielder Chris Young (left hamstring) had an MRI test on his hamstring Thursday. Results weren’t revealed, but he is still expected to be out past the All-Star Break. … Right-hander Nick Tropeano (right shoulder) will pitch Saturday as part of a rehab assignment. He will be limited to 60 pitches, Scioscia said. … Right-hander Jim Johnson (back) threw a bullpen session and is approaching a rehab assignment as well.

Mariners: Zunino (left ankle) was placed on the 10-day disabled list with a bruised left foot. He rolled his ankle late in Seattle’s 7-4 loss Wednesday running the basepaths and was walking around in a boot in the clubhouse Thursday. David Freitas was recalled from Tacoma to serve as the backup catcher behind Herrmann. … Outfielder Mitch Haniger was scratched from the starting lineup because of a bruised right knee. Heredia took his place.

UP NEXT

Rockies: Right-hander German Marquez (6-8, 5.14 ERA) faces off against one of his famous Venezuelan countrymen in Hernandez. He has never faced the Mariners, but is 2-0 in Russian President Vladimir Putin ordered his country’s diplomats to seek changes to international doping rules in the wake of the nation’s drug scandals.

A month after the Winter Olympics took place without a full Russian team, part of the country’s punishment for past doping offenses, Putin said the Foreign Ministry should try to alter the key treaty underpinning anti-doping work worldwide.

He said Russian diplomats working with UNESCO should aim to ”refine” the existing International Convention against Doping in Sport so that ”the rules are fair and absolutely transparent.”

In his first comments on sports matters since winning a fourth term in Sunday’s election, Putin said the government would continue to ”defend the sporting honor of our country and its clean athletes, (and) stand up for sport without politics or double standards.”

Putin, in comments reported by state news agencies Jaire Alexander Jersey Packers , didn’t say exactly what changes should be made or how they could be achieved. Short-term results are unlikely since the next conference on the convention isn’t due until next year.

BASKETBALL

CLEVELAND (AP) – Cavaliers forward Kyle Korver has been excused from the team to be with family following the death of a younger brother.

The team issued a statement late saying Korver’s brother, Kirk, died earlier in the day.

”We extend our deepest condolences and heartfelt best to Kyle and his entire family as they go through this very difficult time,” the Cavs said.

Korver is expected to miss Wednesday’s home game against Toronto.

Kyle Korver, who is in his second season with Cleveland, left the Cavs last week after his 27-year-old brother became seriously ill in Iowa. Korver played in Monday night’s home win over Milwaukee, scoring 12 points.

Korver’s personal situation comes one day after Cavs coach Tyronn Lue stepped away from the team for health reasons. The Cavs have also been dealing with an assortment of injuries as Rodney Hood, Tristan Thompson, Larry Nance Jr. and Cedi Osman have been sidelined.

HOCKEY

OTTAWA, Ontario (AP) – The Ottawa Senators say the son of captain Erik Karlsson has died.

Erik and Melinda Karlsson were married last year and announced in November they were expecting their first child in the spring. Karlsson had been posting on social media about his son’s upcoming birth, most recently sharing a photo of he and Melinda on Feb. 19 with the caption ”just me and my little family.”

Karlsson sat out Ottawa’s 7-2 loss to Florida on Tuesday night. The team released a statement saying the Karlssons had ”the collective thoughts and prayers of the Ottawa Senators organization, the city of Ottawa and entire hockey community.” The team requested privacy for the family.

PRO FOOTBALL

LOS ANGELES (AP) – Buffalo Bills receiver Zay Jones has been arrested in Los Angeles following a naked Josh Jackson Packers Jersey , bloody argument with his brother, Vikings receiver Cayleb Jones.

A police spokesman says the player, whose legal name is Isaiah Avery Jones, was arrested Monday night after officers responded to a disturbance in downtown Los Angeles.

Officer Luis Garcia says Jones was breaking glass doors and windows when officers arrived and was arrested on suspicion of felony vandalism.

The arrest was first reported by TMZ, which posted video of a nude Zay Jones pushing his brother in what appeared to be the hallway of an apartment building.

Jail records showed Jones was being held Tuesday on $20,000 bail.

The Bills said in a statement they were still gathering information about the incident and declined further comment.

LOS ANGELES (AP) – Former Miami Dolphins offensive lineman Jonathan Martin was charged Tuesday with threatening two former teammates who had harassed him in the NFL and with threatening his former prep school classmates, Los Angeles County prosecutors said.

Martin pleaded not guilty to four felony counts of making criminal threats and a misdemeanor charge of carrying a loaded firearm, district attorney’s office spokesman Greg Risling said.

A post on Martin’s Instagram page last month showed a shotgun and referred by name to the private Harvard-Westlake prep school in Los Angeles that he once attended.

The post also included mentions of the Instagram usernames of former Miami Dolphins players Richie Incognito and Mike Pouncey and said suicide and revenge were the only options for a victim of bullying.

nach oben springen

and will add

in 1..2..3..Meins 21.08.2018 05:19

Former Cowboys Pro Bowlers Dez Bryant and DeMarco Murray find themselves united again Antonio Callaway Color Rush Jersey , only now they are joined as one-time Fantasy football anchors who have not received a nibble from an NFL team.

Both will sign at some point between now and the start of the regular season, as injuries and/or depth issues arise in training camps. When it comes to whether Bryant and Murray still have any Fantasy value, drafters will have to proceed with caution.

Regardless of where he signs, the days of viewing Bryant as a WR1 are long over. Last season marked the third straight season he both failed to eclipse more than 838 yards and catch barely half of the passes targeted to him. After a 2014 season in which he caught 88 passes for 1,320 yards and a league-high 16 touchdowns, Bryant’s receptions and yardage per game have taken a dive. Since then, those numbers have dropped as low as 3.4 catches per game and 44.6 yards per contest, both in 2015.

A best-case scenario for Bryant would be to go to a pass-friendly team with a competent quarterback, which would offer some hope for him as a WR3/Flex option. At 29, there’s a glimmer of optimism that he can be useful but, at least for now, Bryant is in ”Hmm…he’s still on the board?” stage of his career where he’s a late-round play.

Murray has never been the same since the Cowboys gave him a whopping 457 total touches in 2014 Jihad Ward Jersey Elite , the sixth-highest total in NFL history. He was woefully ineffective with the Eagles in 2015 before a revival with the Titans a year later when he accounted for 1,664 yards from scrimmage on 346 total touches, sparking false hope. Murray fell to 925 yards last season on 223 total touches, his lowest since 2012.

At 30, Murray is probably at the stage of his career where he’s more of a specialist. He remains a good receiver, so it’s not hard to envision him being a third-down back with the potential of 45-50 catches a season. After 1,921 touches in his seven-year career, Murray no longer can be considered a workhorse back, but there can be a place for him on a Fantasy roster, especially in PPR formats.

BROOKLYN NETS D12

Dwight Howard has another jersey for his collection after being acquired by the Nets from the Hornets on Wednesday. No longer the monster he was in his prime for Fantasy basketball players, Howard still put up 16.6 points, 12.5 rebounds and 1.6 blocks per game last season http://www.eaglesauthorizedshops.com/authentic-avonte-maddox-jersey , ending his 2017-18 campaign with 11 double-doubles in his last 12 games.

Howard will be 33 early next season and still can solid production. In an NBA deep with younger, more versatile centers, Howard will fall into the mid-to-late stages of most drafts yet will also have to be considered a strong Sell High candidate with the Nets set to give second-year center Jarrett Allen (who is a strong sleeper) more minutes.

BREAK ON THROUGH (To the Other Closer)

Giants closer Hunter Strickland slammed (or rather, punched) away his potential career year when he lost a one-round bout with a clubhouse door. Strickland, who had 13 saves, will now miss up to eight weeks.

Enter Sam Dyson, who now becomes San Francisco’s stopper after rebounding from a horrific 2017 campaign. Dyson isn’t a hard-throwing beast, but he did have 38 saves for the Rangers in 2016 and has the support of manager Bruce Bochy. That alone will raise his value in leagues where he currently sits on the waiver wire.

This column was provided to The Associated Press by the Fantasy Sports Network,

Nelson Cruz was suffering from migraines when the Seattle Mariners were in Tampa Bay last weekend. He certainly has been causing headaches for opposing pitchers recently.

Cruz, the Mariners’ designated hitter, has eight home runs in his past 16 games, during which he has raised his average from .220 to .251. He hit three home runs in a three-game sweep of the Los Angeles Angels this week and will set his sights on Boston Red Sox right-hander Rick Porcello when the teams meet Friday night at Safeco Field.

“He’s certainly in a really good groove right now Steelers Authentic Jerseys ,” Mariners manager Scott Servais said. “So hopefully we can ride it for as long as we can.”

Cruz, who missed most of spring training with a quadriceps strain, hit home runs in each of the first two games of the season. But when he returned to the dugout after that second homer, he sprained his right ankle on the bottom step as he was about to put his helmet and gear away and was placed on the 10-day disabled list.

He had seven homers in his first 37 games this season before more than doubling that since May 28.

“I think we’ll look up at the end of the year and we’ll get a typical Nelson Cruz year here. He was off to a slow start early, everybody was all, ‘Where is this going?’ But he’s righted the ship,” Servais said.

Cruz downplayed his part in leading the surprising Mariners to near the top of the American League West.

“The pitching is the one that got us here,” Cruz said. “I think we score enough to be able to win most of the games. We just find a way to scratch runs.”

Servais said the key to Cruz’s recent play has been his health. The 37-year-old also was hobbled after being hit by a pitch on the foot May 15.

“He is feeling healthier,” Servais said. “He’s such a big part of our lineup, driving guys in, getting the ball out of the ballpark. We saw it coming at the end of the last homestand. He started coming out of it, hitting those balls hard Cheap James Washington Jersey , hitting balls better.

“He’s getting the ball in the air. His timing is much better, he’s staying behind the ball and he isn’t chasing. He is swinging at strikes. That’s the key for any batter, not just Nelson.”

Porcello (8-3, 3.54 ERA) is 6-5 with a 3.62 ERA in 12 career starts against the Mariners. He has looked much more like the 2016 American League Cy Young Award winner (when he went 22-4) than the pitcher who lost a league-high 17 games last season.

“Two years ago is a long time ago now, it feels like, so it’s hard to compare,” Porcello told MLB.com. “I think we’re doing some things differently than we even did two years ago. So I haven’t really thought about what I was doing then. I know what I’m doing now, and I want to keep that going.”

The Mariners will send left-hander James Paxton (6-1, 3.02) to the mound. Paxton, who hasn’t lost since his first start of the season, is 2-0 with a 0.39 ERA in three career starts against the Red Sox.

nach oben springen

THE SUPERSTARS

in 1..2..3..Meins 21.08.2018 05:25

Jeffrey Lurie danced like nobody was watching after the Philadelphia Eagles won both of their playoff games.

Video cameras in the locker room recorded his awkward moves for millions of viewers P.J. Hall Jersey Raiders , but the team’s longtime owner will be happy to lead a giant dance party if the Eagles beat the New England Patriots on Sunday to capture the first Super Bowl title in franchise history.

”This is the most passionate fan base in the NFL, if not in sports,” Lurie said. ”They care so much, they’re our partners, and we just want to win so badly for them.”

The 66-year-old Lurie grew up a passionate Boston sports fan. He even tried to buy the Patriots in 1993 but was outbid by Robert Kraft. So the former movie producer paid $195 million for the Eagles in 1994. Lurie vowed to win multiple championships for a city that hasn’t celebrated an NFL title since 1960.

He’s still waiting for No. 1. Nothing else matters this week.

”We’re here to win a football game,” Lurie said. ”That’s the bottom line. That’s why we’re here. I’m laser-focused on this football game and winning the Super Bowl. That is the only objective.”

While Kraft is known as a power broker in the NFL, Lurie is more of a behind-the-scenes guy who also has plenty of influence. He serves on numerous league committees Derrick Nnadi Jersey Chiefs , including the Finance Committee, Broadcast Committee, International Committee and the Super Bowl Advisory Committee.

”Jeffrey is a soft voice,” team president Don Smolenski said. ”He doesn’t seek to grab the microphone at every opportunity but when he does stand up, what he says is very thoughtful, very thought-provoking. It’s very respectful and the other owners listen to what he has to say.

”He’s very quietly influential because he doesn’t seek the spotlight and he doesn’t try to be out front but when he speaks, the fellow owners listen and I often see it after the fact when they approach him at a break and talk to him afterward.”

Smolenski and executive vice president Howie Roseman praised the way Lurie gets involved in personnel decisions without meddling.

”He allows us to do what he hired us to do but he also finds a way to push us to do our best Isaiah Oliver Jersey Falcons , be our best,” Smolenski said.

”He likes to ask a lot of questions. He wants to understand the thought process. He wants to understand the reasoning behind (decisions). He’s always supportive but he’s looking to make sure we evaluated situations from all angles. He has fondness for chess.

”In the game of chess, you have to look at four, five, six moves down the road. So his line of questioning is often around that. We’re very fortunate to work with an owner like that.”

Roseman points to an example that’s played a big role in helping Philadelphia reach this point. When the team wanted to spend $12 million to sign backup quarterback Nick Foles, Lurie gave his blessing.

Foles was spectacular in the NFC championship game against Minnesota and is 4-0 in the four games he’s started that have mattered since Carson Wentz tore his ACL.

The Eagles released backup Chase Daniel last spring despite owing him $5 million and gave Foles a contract that included $7 million in guarantees.

The cap hit for Daniel and Sam Bradford, who was traded to Minnesota in September 2016 Cheap Josh Rosen Jersey , totaled $12.5 million this season. For Wentz and Foles, the combined hit was $7.66 million.

”Jeffrey is incredibly smart,” Roseman said. ”He asks the questions. That doesn’t mean he’s going to overrule it, but he’s going to ask about the line of thinking and it challenges you to be better and all of us need that guidance and leadership.”

AP NFL website: Former Buffalo Bills general manager Doug Whaley is taking over as the NFL Players Association's director of college scouting.

Whaley will oversee the recruitment, evaluation and selection of draft-eligible prospects to compete at the annual NFLPA Collegiate Bowl. He replaces Tony Softli, who left to become the Alliance of American Football's scouting director.

Whaley was hired Wednesday, a little over a year after being fired by the Bills. He spent eight seasons in Buffalo http://www.giantsauthorizedshops.com/authentic-lorenzo-carter-jersey , including four as GM.

The Bills fired him as part of a major organizational shake-up which began with Sean McDermott replacing Rex Ryan as coach.

Whaley has 22 years of NFL scouting experience, including an 11-year tenure with his hometown Pittsburgh Steelers.

nach oben springen

THE SUPERSTARS

in 1..2..3..Meins 21.08.2018 05:31

Super Bowl 53 in Atlanta is still seven months away Youth Saquon Barkley Jersey , but former Dallas Cowboys quarterback and current CBS NFL analyst Tony Romo has already made his prediction for the big game.Talking to Lindsay Rhodes of NFL Network, Romo explained why he thinks Aaron Rodgers' Green Bay Packers will go up against the 2017 AFC runner-up Jacksonville Jagaurs in Super Bowl 53."Thing about the NFL is things change pretty fast. Injuries happen, a lot of stuff happens, but, um... if I was picking right now Chris Owings Jersey ," Romo said, "I'd probably go with Green Bay versus Jacksonville. That would be a tentative, rough guess here in the summer months."Romo added that he thinks the signing of tight end Jimmy Graham will be huge for the Packers, and that their long-struggling secondary will "improve this year." Certainly, the Packers will need it to be better if they want to get through a loaded NFC.The former Pro Bowler faced the Packers five times in his career Calvin Ridley Jersey , posting a 2-3 record. He and Rodgers always knew how to put on a show against another, and their showdown in the 2014 NFC Divisional Round (which the Packers won), was one of the better chapters of the Cowboys-Packers rivalry. As long as Rodgers stays healthy (he missed most of 2017 with a fractured collarbone), the Packers have a chance. The Packers聽made the postseason every year from 2009-16 when Rodgers was healthy, and that included a Super Bowl 45 victory and trips to the 2014 and '16 NFC Championship Games.And as for the Jaguars Clive Walford Jersey Jets , they boast an elite defense led by star pass-rusher Calais Campbell and shutdown corners, Jalen Ramsey and A.J. Bouye. Jacksonville allowed the second-fewest yards and points (286.1 and 16.8, respectively), per game.The Jaguars were a couple plays away from shocking the New England Patriots in the AFC title game and booking their first trip to the Super Bowl. But with an elite defense and strong ground game led by Leonard Fournette, they certainly have the looks to be a championship-caliber team in 2018. The Los Angeles Chargers have signed safety Derwin James Giants Patrick Omameh Jersey , their first-round pick.

The Chargers announced the four-year deal Friday.

James was the 17th overall pick during the draft in April. The Florida State defensive back was among the highest-rated defensive players in the selection field, but he surprisingly slipped into the second half of the first round, where the Chargers eagerly grabbed him.

James has lined up largely as a strong safety so far in the Chargers’ offseason workouts, but coach Anthony Lynn views James as a versatile talent who could fill several roles on the Bolts’ defense.

James was the final players in the Chargers’ seven-man draft class to sign his rookie contract.

nach oben springen

Washington has

in 1..2..3..Meins 21.08.2018 05:38

Formula One announced Wednesday it wants to stage a street race in Miami starting in 2019 and the city commission has scheduled a vote next week on a proposal to formalize plans for a 10-year deal.

The series has long sought to enlarge its presence in the United States. A Miami race would be the second in the U.S. Authentic Will Dissly Jersey , joining the U.S. Grand Prix in Austin, Texas. It would be the fourth in North America, joining races in Canada and Mexico City.

Formula One officials said if approved, the Miami race could be targeted for October 2019, which would place it close to the current calendar spot of the Texas and Mexico City races.

"Miami's status as one of the world's most iconic and glamorous cities, combined with its robust tourism infrastructure, makes Miami the perfect destination for Formula 1 and its fans," said Sean Bratches, F1's managing director for commercial operations.

Miami Mayor Francis Suarez called next week's vote "the first step" to working out details, with a final vote more possible over the summer. The city has held good talks with F1 officials about the need to map a downtown race course that wouldn't be too disruptive to neighborhoods, Suarez said.

"This is an annual Super Bowl of sorts ... They (F1) are very bullish on the prospects of Miami," Suarez said.

The Miami race would be the latest move by Liberty Media, the American ownership group that took over F1 in 2017. Liberty is pushing for ways to expand F1's reach http://www.49ersauthorizedshops.com/authentic-weston-richburg-jersey , including the possibility of adding new races in Asia, and a soon-to-launch live streaming service.

The Texas race gets about $25 million annually in state and local tax money to pay F1's rights fees and other expenses. The Florida race is supported by Miami Mayor Francis Suarez and Miami Dolphins owner Stephen Ross.

Suarez said he expects "99 percent" of financing for a Miami race to come from private sources with any city funds coming it at $500,000 or less.

"From football and soccer to tennis and motorsports, Miami deserves only the best in music, food, art, fashion, and sports and entertainment, and that is exactly what we plan on delivering with a Formula 1 race," Ross said.

Ross helped lead the plan to relocate the Miami Open tennis tournament from Key Biscayne to the Dolphins' stadium complex in Miami Gardens, a move that will be enacted in time for next year's tournament. He's also brought several international soccer events to Hard Rock Stadium, which is seeking to host World Cup matches in 2026.

The F1 plan also comes while a group led by soccer icon David Beckham tries to bring an MLS franchise back to the Miami area. Beckham and MLS formally announced earlier this year that a team is coming, but it's still unclear where the stadium for that club will be built and when it will be able to start play.

Formula One races in cities across the globe but left the U.S. from 2008-2012. It returned with the U.S. Grand Prix in Texas at the Circuit of the Americas Youth Harrison Phillips Jersey , a $300 million facility built specifically for F1. A Miami street race would be the first F1 street race in the U.S. since 1991 in Phoenix.

The series has been interested in a second U.S. race for years with talk of races in New Jersey, Los Angeles or Miami. But more races in the U.S. could pull fans away from the Texas race, which already competes for fans with the Mexico City race, which joined the calendar in 2015 and is run a week after the U.S. Grand Prix.

Bobby Epstein, president of the Circuit of the Americas, did not immediately respond to a request for comment but has said in the past adding more races in the U.S. will help the sport grow.

Titans linebacker Derrick Morgan says he kind of blacked out.

Everyone who stayed on the Tennessee sideline went crazy, celebrating.

As a group of teammates mobbed him , quarterback Marcus Mariota simply stood and looked back at them knowing he had helped the Titans to their first playoff victory in 14 years in his postseason debut.

The big play? Not his first touchdown pass, which he conveniently caught after it was batted back to him.

Or the big first downs he delivered with his legs.

No, this time Mariota delivered by putting his right shoulder into a linebacker, clearing space for Derrick Henry to run for the clinching first down to finish running out the clock on their rally from 18 points down to beat Kansas City 22-21 .

”You don’t really see quarterbacks blocking and doing such a selfless play like that,” Morgan said Tuesday.

The 2014 Heisman Trophy winner may be polite and as well-mannered as any parent’s dream. He’s also a winner, and Tennessee’s third-year quarterback finally is healthy and leading the Titans to victories that matter.

He’s also showing off his versatility from catching the first TD pass he ever threw in a postseason game to running and even blocking to lead the Titans to an AFC divisional game in New England against the defending champs.

Pro Bowl left tackle Taylor Lewan said Mariota has made big plays two weeks in a row to fire up the Titans Youth Tyquan Lewis Jersey , including a stiff-arm while running to a big first down to clinch Tennessee’s playoff berth in the regular-season finale.

”It’s pretty awesome, especially as mild-mannered as he is,” Lewan said. ”His competitive nature is bigger than anybody else’s in here, so I know he wants to win every single game, and we’re just here to help him do that.”

Mariota, 24, easily had his worst regular season yet in the NFL with more interceptions (15) than touchdown passes (13). But he ran for a career-high five touchdowns, while playing through a hamstring injury that cost him one start in October.

Now Mariota gets his second chance at the Patriots and Tom Brady, whose 25 playoff victories not only are the most in the NFL, but more than Mariota has (21) since arriving in the league from Oregon.

Mariota’s first trip to Foxborough did not go well at all in his rookie season.

The Patriots sacked him three times, and Mariota completed just 3 of 6 passes before having his season ended with a sprained knee in a loss Dec. 20, 2015.

These Patriots (13-3) have won 11 of their past 12 games, and Brady led the NFL with 4 Authentic Customized Patriots Jerseys ,577 yards passing.

The Titans quarterback showed he’s as healthy as he’s been all season with a handful of highlight plays starting with the NFL’s first touchdown pass by a quarterback to himself when Darrelle Revis batted the ball back to Mariota who ran toward the pylon to cap a 91-yard drive to jumpstart the Titans’ comeback.

Mariota also threw the game-winning TD to Eric Decker with 6:06 left for his fifth game-winning drive this season and ninth of his career.

”This guy is a physically tough player,” Patriots defensive coordinator Matt Patricia said of Mariota. ”You definitely see that on film.”

Mariota ran eight times for 46 yards, twice on third down for first downs in the second half against the Chiefs.

And that block was the cap to a performance that let tight end Delanie Walker know his quarterback finally is healthy.

”When he wasn’t healthy, you wouldn’t see him run out of the pocket, juke people or anything like that,” Walker said.

”It just shows that he’s healthy. This is the Marcus that everyone knows. He’s been doing this in college, and now everyone just starting to see it because it’s prime-time, and we’re in the playoffs. At the end of the day, this is him.”

NOTES: RB DeMarco Murray (right knee) did not practice and remains day to day after missing the past two games. CB Logan Ryan (ankle) did not practice as a day of rest, while LG Quinton Spain (back) also was held out.

nach oben springen

THE SUPERSTARS

in 1..2..3..Meins 21.08.2018 05:43

Owning the last pick in the first round of the NFL draft is a spot the Philadelphia Eagles want more often because it goes to the Super Bowl champions.

"That's the goal James Washington Jersey Steelers ," Eagles vice president of player personnel Joe Douglas said.

With no picks in the second or third round, Philadelphia could trade down and add an extra pick or two.

"We're open for business in every round," said Howie Roseman, the executive VP of football operations.

Roseman is known for making moves. He's one of the most aggressive executives in the league. It's an organizational philosophy that's also reflected by coach Doug Pederson's playcalling.

"From our perspective, we're going to keep swinging," Roseman said. "That starts with (owner) Jeffrey (Lurie). Coach Pederson showed that from a coaching perspective. We're going to keep swinging. When we're wrong Adidas Ryan Johansen Jersey , we're going to study why we're wrong, and we're going to get back up to the plate and we're not going to take that called third strike."

The Eagles enter the draft with only six picks. After the first round, they'll wait until No. 130 in the fourth round. They have another fourth-round pick at No. 132 and picks in the fifth, sixth and seventh.

Here's some things to know about the Eagles heading into the draft:

HOT SPOT

Philadelphia bolstered its defensive line by adding three-time Pro Bowl DE Michael Bennett and five-time Pro Bowl DT Haloti Ngata in the offseason. Both players along with DEs Brandon Graham and Chris Long are entering the final season of their contracts so a defensive lineman in the first round is a strong possibility. Ohio State DE Sam Hubbard and Michigan DT Maurice Hurst could be nice fits.

HOT SPOT NO. 2

RB LeGarrette Blount left in free agency and Jay Ajayi is entering the final season of his rookie contract. Even if veteran Darren Sproles returns for another season, the Eagles could choose a running back in the first round. The team hasn't selected a back in the first round since Keith Byars in 1986, but the draft is loaded at this position. LSU's Derrius Guice and Georgia's Sony Michel are possibilities at No. 32.

BEST PLAYER AVAILABLE

Many personnel guys around the league insist they will pick the best player available when their team is on the clock. The Eagles are in the enviable position of being able to carry out that plan 鈥?unless the best player at No. 32 is a quarterback. They have Carson Wentz Authentic Todd Frazier Jersey , Super Bowl MVP Nick Foles and Nate Sudfeld. But if they stay put, the 32nd pick could be a player at any other position.

GETTING ALONG

One of the main reasons why the Eagles won the Super Bowl last season was unselfishness. Players bought into a team-first mentality, put personal goals aside and formed a strong bond. Chemistry is such a big deal for Philadelphia that the scouting department invests time and resources into making sure potential draft picks would fit in.

"I think that's one of the conversations that we probably have the most," Roseman said. "Background is really important. We've had some guys who've come here, who've maybe had a (bad) reputation and fit really well, and there's also the flip side of that. So you try to balance all of those and really rely on Coach Pederson and his leadership council and the ownership he gives them."

HITS Cheap Lorenzo Carter Jersey , MISSES AND BARGAINS

Wentz at No. 2 overall in 2016 is possibly the best pick in franchise history. Other hits over the past five drafts: RT Lane Johnson (No. 4 overall, 2013) and TE Zach Ertz (second round, 2013). Recent misses in the early rounds: LB Marcus Smith (No. 26 overall, 2014) and CB Eric Rowe (second round, 2015). Some of the best bargains were: CB Jalen Mills (seventh round, 2016) and OT Halapoulivaati Vaitai (fifth round Cheap Trent Murphy Jersey , 2016).

AP NFL website: pro32.ap.org and AP_NFL

Follow Rob Maaddi on Twitter: s://AP_RobMaaddi

Virginia State Police won't release video of a traffic stop involving a Washington Redskins wide receiver who said a state trooper asked if he was a gang member or drug dealer.

Paul Richardson Jr.'s tweets about the questions he was asked during a Tuesday traffic stop prompted an internal review by state police.

Richardson just signed a $40 million five-year contract with the Redskins and was driving a new Mercedes when pulled over. He is African-American.

The department said Friday that it was declining a public records request by The Associated Press for video taken from the trooper's in-car camera. Spokeswoman Corinne Geller said the department has the discretion to release the video under state law but has chosen not to.

nach oben springen

THE SUPERSTARS

in 1..2..3..Meins 21.08.2018 05:49

The Arizona Cardinals finally found their quarterback.

A person with knowledge of the situation said Sam Bradford and the Cardinals have agreed to a one-year Rasheem Green Color Rush Jersey , $20 million contract with a second-year option, also for $20 million. The person spoke on condition of anonymity because contracts cannot be made public until Wednesday.

Bradford, the No. 1 overall pick in the 2010 draft, is known for his strong and accurate arm but he has struggled with injuries. He joins a team in dire need of a quarterback.

There had been no QBs on the Arizona roster since the retirement of Carson Palmer and the departure of free agents Drew Stanton and Blaine Gabbert.

Just as word of the Bradford deal surfaced, the Cardinals released running back Adrian Peterson, saving about $2.9 million against the salary cap. The seven-time All-Pro back played in just six games for Arizona after being acquired from New Orleans.

Bradford has appeared in 80 games 鈥?all as a starter 鈥?for the St. Louis Rams, Philadelphia and Minnesota. He's completed 63 percent of his passes for his career, 72 percent the past two seasons in Minnesota.

The Cardinals, due to their salary cap limitations Byron Maxwell Jersey Elite , were always a longshot to land Kirk Cousins. When word leaked that Cousins had a deal with Minnesota, the dominos began to fall for other teams in search of a quarterback.

For Arizona, it was almost any quarterback. Expect the Cardinals to land a couple more, maybe another veteran and a draft pick.

After being named NFL offensive rookie of the year in 2010, Bradford tore his left ACL in the 2013 and 2014 seasons. He was traded to Philadelphia in 2015.

Bradford signed with Minnesota in 2016 and missed most of the season after undergoing surgery to repair a torn meniscus.

The Cardinals are counting on this litany of injuries coming to an end. But they know they'd better have a pretty good backup, too.

AP Pro Football Writer Rob Maaddi contributed to this report.

The Indiana Pacers were full of surprises this season.

They won more games than expected. They proved more competitive than projected. Heck, they even forced the three-time defending Eastern Conference champs into a decisive seventh game all while receiving the stamp of approval from the world’s best player.

Not bad for a team that was supposed to be sitting home and plotting draft strategy long ago.

”This was one of the most amazing seasons of my career,” forward Thaddeus Young said. ”We played for one another, not as individuals. It’s tough (being eliminated) Byron Maxwell Jersey Seahawks , but this is a great group of guys. We all gave our blood and sweat to the game and each other.”

And it could be just the start.

The Pacers’ future looks far brighter now than it did 12 months ago after they were swept out of the playoffs by LeBron James and the Cavaliers.

Back then, there questions about Paul George’s future in Indiana loomed heavily over the franchise. By late June, new general manager Kevin Pritchard was forced into a difficult choice when George’s camp made his plans public: Take one more shot at winning a title with George and risk losing him in free agency or start rebuilding immediately.

Pritchard opted for a widely panned trade that netted Victor Oladipo and Domantas Sabonis.

It all turned out just fine for Pritchard and the Pacers.

Oladipo emerged as the leader of this young group, earned his first All-Star trip, won the league’s steals title and eventually figured out how to deal with constant double teams, a familiar treatment for superstars.

”They obviously have the snake in Vic, unbelievable jump from last year to this year,” LeBron James said after scoring 45 points in a Game 7 victory. ”I mean, we all saw the improvement and why he is a franchise-caliber player and everybody on down Kenley Jansen Jersey , they just got a well-rounded team and they definitely pushed us, pushed us to the brink.”

Sabonis, a lottery pick in 2016, became a key contributor off the bench. Point guard Darren Collison was the NBA’s most accurate 3-point shooter, and Young and Bojan Bogdanovic thrived in their roles, too.

Four of the starting five and Sabonis are already under contract for next season with Young being the lone exception. He and backup point guard Cory Joseph have player options and Pritchard likely will exercise the team option on Lance Stephenson.

If Young and Joseph opt in, the Pacers would have their top eight players back from a team that won 48 games, fell just short of finishing in the top four in the Eastern Conference and was within four points late in their final playoff game at Cleveland.

”We did an amazing job this year sticking together,” Stephenson said. ”This is one of the funnest teams I’ve been on. We left it on the floor every night Rams Elite Jerseys , every game. Each and every one of us had a goal. Now, everyone in the world knows who we are.”

Now, they’re out to prove they can be dramatically better next season.

The key may be the continued development of Myles Turner, Indiana’s 22-year-old center and one of the league’s leaders in blocks. The Pacers need him to get stronger and become a better rebounder.

At times this season, he showed just how dominant he could be.

Now, the Pacers are asking him to stay healthy, become a more consistent scorer and help Oladipo lead this team to greater successes.

”I wouldn’t trade this year or the men in that locker room for anyone. It’s been phenomenal,” Oladipo said. ”It’s the best locker room I’ve been a part of. It’s been an honor playing with those men and I look forward to growing with them in the future.”

nach oben springen

SAYING GOODBYE

in 1..2..3..Meins 21.08.2018 05:56

Saints defensive tackle David Onyemata is no longer an intriguing international prospect with unknown potential.

The native Nigerian Ronnie Harrison Jersey Jaguars , who learned American-style football as a college student in Canada, is entering his third NFL season as an established starter upon whom the Saints are increasingly comfortable relying to plug up rushing lanes or make quarterbacks uncomfortable when they drop back to pass.

"We certainly look at him that way," Saints defensive coordinator Dennis Allen said after practice on Monday evening. "He's established himself as a starting caliber defensive lineman in our league and he's certainly going to be a big part of what we're trying to get accomplished this year."

Onyemata, 25, always looked the part at 6-foot-4, 325 pounds. That's a big reason the Saints decided it would be worthwhile to use a fourth-round draft choice on him in 2016.

But Onyemata never envisioned an NFL playing career when he went to college in western Canada. He was there to study, and took up football because he was looking for an interesting way to diversify his college experience outside the classroom. He'd played soccer growing up, and was ready to try something new that perhaps suited his body type.

Ultimately, his academics-first approach to college 鈥?he earned a bachelor's degree in environmental science 鈥?might have aided his adjustment to the NFL.

"For a guy that had played as little football as he had Cheap John Franklin-Myers Jersey , there was some terminology things that he had to learn ... but I wouldn't say that was any slower than it was for maybe any other rookie that we've had," Allen recalled. "So I think that's one of the things that's allowed him to be maybe as productive for us as he has, is that he is smart and learns really well. He's not a repeat-mistake offender."

Onyemata played in all 16 regular season games in 2017, starting the last six. He had 40 tackles, two sacks and one batted pass.

This past offseason, Onyemata took some time to return home in March to see family and friends in Africa, but also spent a lot of time in Baton Rouge, working with long-time defensive line coach Pete Jenkins on more nuanced aspect of his position, such as his initial movements at the snap and how to use his hands to improve leverage.

"Just having the mindset to get better and work on things you're not good at 鈥?that has been the goal Authentic Luke Falk Jersey ," Onyemata said, adding that he now has a strong command of New Orleans' defensive scheme and the terminology used to call it. "You know what they're asking you to do and you know what they're expecting you to do, so you just go out there and do your job."

Saints center Max Unger was in his second season in New Orleans in 2016 and has witnessed Onyemata's evolution as a football player up close.

"The accent's still there," Unger said, but quickly added, "He's becoming, I think, the player that a lot of people thought that he was going to be and it's impressive to see his development, especially coming down from Canada and not having a lot of football under his belt.

"It's tough to go against Adidas Carey Price Jersey , honestly," Unger continued. "I mean, look at him. He's a big, fast, physical guy that just needs to play as much football as he can. Again, it's a big jump to come into this league and I think that he has progressed pretty rapidly."

Unger said Onyemata's growth is evident in his awareness of what offenses are trying to do and how to defend it.

"You can be fast, you can be physical, but not knowing where the ball is, as a D-lineman Myles Garrett Jersey Youth , I guess is half the battle," Unger said, adding the Onyemata is also better at disguising his own intentions before the snap. "All of those things, he's showing pretty rapid improvement in."

The Green Bay Packers could be looking to make more deals on Day 2 of the NFL draft.

They got more help for the porous secondary in the first round Friday night by picking Louisville cornerback Jaire Alexander. Now a defense led by new coordinator Mike Pettine could also use another playmaker on the edge to rush the passer.

Green Bay has just one pick for now on Friday, the 45th overall selection in the second round. With 10 picks for the third day of the draft on Saturday, general manager Brian Gutekunst has the tools needed to move up and make another pick or two in the second or third rounds.

The Packers could also use reinforcements at receiver after parting with Jordy Nelson, and on the offensive line.

nach oben springen

THE SUPERSTARS

in 1..2..3..Meins 21.08.2018 06:02

鈥?Philip Rivers and the Los Angeles Chargers finished off another impressive home victory and quickly retreated to their locker room Youth Roquan Smith Jersey , hoping for good news that never came.The Oakland Raiders trudged back to their locker room and got some dismaying news of their own: coach Jack Del Rio had been fired at the close of a miserable season.Rivers passed for 387 yards and three touchdowns, but the Chargers missed out on a playoff berth despite their 30-10 victory over the Raiders on Sunday.Keenan Allen scored on a 27-yard fumble recovery and a brilliant 6-yard TD catch for the Chargers (9-7), who won six of their final seven games in their relocation season.But the Bolts needed help from losses by two other AFC teams to become the second team in NFL history to make the playoffs after an 0-4 start, and they were eliminated when Tennessee beat Jacksonville 15-10 moments after the final gun in Carson.“You’re a little bit disappointed. Shoot, a lot disappointed,” Rivers said. “You kick yourself that you put yourself in this situation where you needed help, and you know you let some games get away that you never should have. … That’s where it hurts the most, because we’re a pretty hot team that’s going home.”Tyrell Williams caught a 56-yard TD pass and Travis Benjamin caught a 62-yard scoring pass for the Chargers, who won nine of their final 12 games. They fought fiercely to overcome that rough start Youth Troy Niklas Jersey , which included two losses decided by missed field goals on the final snap, but the Bolts couldn’t quite do it.“I think this team can become a championship team,” Chargers first-year head coach Anthony Lynn said. “That’s what I believe. I don’t think that, I believe. They showed me that throughout the season. I wish it would have happened a little sooner, but I think we’re trending in the right direction. I think we’re on to something.”Amari Cooper caught an 87-yard touchdown pass from Derek Carr, but the Raiders (6-10) gave their faithful LA fans little else to cheer. Moments after the game ended, owner Mark Davis fired Del Rio, who went 25-23 in three seasons.Davis then put Del Rio in the awkward position of announcing his own firing.“He told me he loved me and appreciated all that I did, but felt like we weren’t going in the right direction Authentic Richard Rodgers Jersey ,” Del Rio said. “He felt he needed a change, and I told him how much I appreciated the opportunity he gave me. I mean that. Very grateful. My childhood team. But it’s a results business. I understand that.”Carr passed for 243 yards as the Raiders wrapped up their 14th non-winning season in the past 15 years.“It hurts,” Carr said. “This is a bond that you create and that’s a bond that is going to last. It hurts when something (bad) happens to someone you care about. We weren’t good enough for him.”Rivers became the ninth quarterback in NFL history to surpass 50,000 yards passing, and he tied Fran Tarkenton for sixth place in league history with 342 touchdown passes. The 36-year-old passer left little doubt he’s still on top of his game with a series of fine long passes, shredding the Raiders’ beleaguered secondary.After a scoreless first quarter, Allen finished a 99-yard drive for the Chargers by being in the right place when running back Melvin Gordon fumbled for the first time all season. The ball popped in the air and straight to Allen, who took it in for the sixth TD of his Pro Bowl season.The Raiders answered with a beautiful, long strike down the middle from Carr to Cooper http://www.newyorkgiantsteamonline.com/odell-beckham-jr-jersey , who took it in untouched.Williams scored untouched on another long strike down the middle of the Raiders’ defense later in the quarter. Allen then capped the half with an exceptional foot-drag TD grab on a pinpoint fade pass from Rivers.Gordon rushed for 93 yards for the Chargers, who finished the scoring in the third quarter when Benjamin went in untouched on another long throw by Rivers.RAIDER NATIONThe Chargers swept their season series with their fiercest rivals and earned their fifth straight win at StubHub Center despite a crowd cheering loudly for the Raiders, who played in Los Angeles County for the first time since moving back to Oakland after the 1994 season.Those fans had little to celebrate as the Chargers beat down the Raiders, and a handful of silver-and-black fans threw bottles at the Chargers’ defense while it celebrated a fourth-quarter turnover in the end zone.KEENAN’S HISTORYAllen finished with nine catches for 133 yards in the latest spectacular game in his Pro Bowl season. He broke LaDainian Tomlinson’s single-season Chargers record on his 101st catch of the season in the fourth quarter.GET THAT MONEYMarshawn Lynch finished strong in his first season with his hometown team, getting 101 yards rushing and earning a $600,000 bonus for surpassing 800 yards on the season. He also surpassed 10,000 yards rushing for his career with an 11-yard gain late in the fourth quarter.INJURIESRaiders: S Karl Joseph injured his hamstring in the first half. … DL Eddie Vanderdoes had to be helped off the field in the fourth quarter.Chargers: Backup S Adrian Phillips missed his first game of the season after injuring his ankle last week. Carson Wentz is trusting the process.

The Philadelphia Eagles quarterback didn’t participate in 11-on-11 drills for the third straight practice for precautionary reasons after taking part the first three days.

”Just have to listen to what the doctors and coaches are saying. Just trust that plan,” Wentz said Wednesday.

Coach Doug Pederson emphasized that Wentz hasn’t suffered any setbacks. He said he’s encouraged by Wentz’s recovery from surgery to repair a torn left ACL last December. Wentz again was on the field for the 7-on-7 portion of practice.

”I’m very encouraged with where he’s at,” Pederson said. ”What I saw last week is enough to ease my mind. I don’t need to see him in 11-on-11 drills right now. He’s progressing extremely well. I don’t want to subject him to any setback or anything like that. I want to keep him progressing and moving forward. Those couple of days that we had with him (last week) were very exciting Cheap Martinas Rankin Jersey , very encouraging for me.”

Wentz said he feels great physically and understands that the medical staff wants to keep him in a controlled environment. He still hasn’t been cleared for contact. His goal is to be ready for Week 1 when the defending Super Bowl champions host the Atlanta Falcons on Sept. 6.

”I’m sticking to my goal. Again, I can’t say with 100 percent certainty it’s going to be,” Wentz said. ”Ever since the injury, we’ve been saying it’s a fluid process. Some days you’re feeling better than other days. Could there be some change in plan? For sure. But this is part of the plan right now, so we’re sticking to it.”

Super Bowl MVP Nick Foles gives the Eagles no reason to rush Wentz.

nach oben springen

Besucher
1 Mitglied und 47 Gäste sind Online:
joek0114

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: kuai6669
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 11066 Themen und 44332 Beiträge.

Xobor Forum Software von Xobor
Einfach ein eigenes Forum erstellen