SAYING GOODBYE

in 1..2..3..Meins 29.08.2018 04:32
von hongwei28 | 304 Beiträge

As much as he tries to downplay the significance Rashaan Gaulden Color Rush Jersey , Oakland Raiders coach Jon Gruden is fully aware Friday's exhibition game against the Detroit Lions will be anything but an ordinary preseason contest.

It's been 17 years since Gruden last roamed the sidelines at the Coliseum with the Raiders. He came back in 2004 with Tampa Bay and again in 2012 as a television analyst.

Gruden's iconic status among Raiders fans promises to make this time different. Much, much different.

"I am looking forward to it," Gruden said Wednesday after the second of two joint practices with the Lions. "I'm looking forward to it big-time. I've got some things obviously I've got to work out. So I've got to work myself through calling plays again and managing some tough situations. I'm anxious to see if I can do it."

Gruden developed a cult-like following during his first stint as the Raiders coach from 1998-2001. Those feelings didn't wane when Gruden was traded to Tampa Bay by late owner Al Davis and only strengthened when the coach went into the television booth.

Gruden showed his appreciation in 2009 while in town to broadcast a San Francisco 49ers game when he held a party at Ricky's, a Raiders sports bar not far from the Coliseum.

Gruden held another party at Ricky's three weeks ago to celebrate his return and paid for dinner and soft drinks for the fans. About 600 people showed up.

"It's an honor to be here and it's a great story, but I also just want to do everything I can in order to try and help this team win again," Gruden said. "I love the Raider fans. I love Oakland and that's the primary reason I'm standing here."

Lions coach Matt Patricia developed a friendship with Gruden while he was defensive coordinator in New England and the Raiders coach was working at ESPN.

Gruden's return, Patricia said, is good for the NFL.

"If you meet with him Authentic Evgenii Dadonov Jersey , you're gonna find a guy that absolutely loves football from its core, all the way out, every aspect of it," Patricia said. "He loves to coach and I think he loves to be around the players. I think it's great for the game. I think it's great for the Raiders organization."

The rest of the storyline around Friday's game is fairly antiseptic.

Quarterback Derek Carr and the rest of Oakland's starters will only play a series or two, with the majority of playing time being doled out to the rookies and fringe players on the roster.

"This game is not about Derek Carr, not yet," Gruden said. "It's about finding the right 53 men, and I think you saw it today Youth Cody Latimer Jersey , we've got a lot of contenders. There are a lot of guys that have put themselves on the brink of making this football team and we've got to make sure we give them every opportunity to showcase their skills."

Notes: Former Raiders Warren Sapp and James Jones attended practice, along with ex-Lions coach and current NFL Network analyst Steve Mariucci. . LT Donald Penn continues to rehab from offseason foot surgery and is getting closer to getting back on the field. "Our trainer is pleased with the progress that he's made," Gruden said. "Hopefully that time is soon."

Injured star Evgeni Malkin was out of the Pittsburgh Penguins‘ lineup for Game 2 of their second-round series against the Washington Capitals.

Coach Mike Sullivan confirmed about two hours before Sunday’s puck drop that Malkin was out for the third consecutive game. Malkin appeared to injure his left leg in Game 5 of Pittsburgh’s first-round series against Philadelphia and has not played since.

”We’re a better team when Geno’s in our lineup,” Sullivan said. ”Having said that, I don’t think our team looks for any sort of excuses. I think we try to rally around one another. It’s a next-man-up attitude, we have capable people in our lineup, it provides opportunities for others to play a more significant role and they want to take advantage of those opportunities.”

Malkin’s continued absence affords a bigger role for centers Derick Brassard and Riley Sheahan, and Josh Sweat Jersey Eagles , combined with an upper-body injury to Carl Hagelin, keeps Carter Rowney and Dominik Simon in the lineup. On Saturday, it looked like Malkin could be ready to return; he participated in a full practice, skating on the fourth line and taking turns on the top power-play unit.

But Sullivan and Malkin both said the 31-year-old Russian would play only if he was ready from the first shift and was not limited to a minor role. Sullivan said Malkin did not experience a setback and could return for Game 3 in Pittsburgh on Tuesday.

”It doesn’t matter who’s in the game. You just did need to win the game,” Washington coach Barry Trotz said. ”Obviously he’s a top player. There’s no question about it. It’s undeniable. But at the same time, it doesn’t really matter.”

Malkin had three goals and two assists in five first-round games. Without him, the Penguins eliminate the Flyers in Game 6 a week ago and erased a two-goal deficit Thursday to take a 1-0 series lead on the Capitals.

The potent Penguins power play misses an important piece without Malkin, though it only got two opportunities for a total of 2:32 in Game 1.

”It was limited time Josh Sitton Color Rush Jersey , so it’s hard to evaluate whether or not we were able to have success, with or without him,” Sullivan said. ”We have capable guys. The people we have are very capable of being successful. We just have to find ways to have success if given the opportunity.”

AP Sports Writer Howard Fendrich contributed to this report.

More NHL hockey: .

nach oben springen

LEBRON LOOMS

in 1..2..3..Meins 29.08.2018 04:38

The Heisman Trophy that Lamar Jackson earned as a 19-year-old and the 119 touchdowns he produced at Louisville don't carry any weight at his first NFL training camp.

Just like all the other Baltimore Ravens rookies Buccaneers Carlton Davis Jersey , Jackson has to prove he can make the transition to the pro game.

And he's totally fine with it.

"It feels good just being out here with NFL talent," Jackson said. "It's not college or high school anymore. You're a grown man. You have to show up and show out."

Jackson played well at minicamp in the spring, and the first-round pick continues to impress this summer. He's not about to unseat 10-year veteran Joe Flacco, who's assured the starting job, but the fleet-footed newcomer has turned more than a few heads with his ability to escape a collapsing pocket and sprint downfield.

"He likes to run, very fast," Ravens linebacker Terrell Suggs said. "He's very exciting, a young talent, and he approaches the game with the kind of requirement that quarterbacks are held to in this league. He could have a promising career."

At Louisville, Jackson did it all. He threw 69 touchdown passes and ran for 50 scores before opting to toss his name into the draft after completing a junior season in which he was named a Heisman Trophy finalist for the second year in a row.

Known more for his legs than his arm, the 6-foot-2 Jackson was on the brink of dropping from the first round before the Ravens worked a trade with Philadelphia and nabbed him with the 32nd overall pick.

Eager to blunt any notion that Jackson would compete for the starting job, coach John Harbaugh immediately stressed the job belongs to Flacco. There's veteran quarterback Robert Griffin III to contend with, too, but instead of considering them rivals, Jackson views them as teachers.

"I'm still learning," the 21-year-old acknowledged. "Everything they do Authentic Alex Cappa Jersey , I'm trying to mimic."

Jackson, however, has his own special skills. The Ravens know it would be foolish to keep him on the bench, so they're trying to find creative ways to work him into the offense. At a recent practice, he threw a pass to Flacco, who lined up as a receiver.

"We're going to see what everybody's strengths are," offensive coordinator Marty Mornhinweg said. "We'll try to use all of our players that are eligible, we'll try to use the whole field, we'll get it to our best players."

Jackson has impressed his teammates and the coaching staff with his athleticism and willingness to work.

"I'll tell you what, Lamar's done just an outstanding job," Mornhinweg said. "Everybody in this league has some uncommon tools, and he certainly does. You can see on the practice field. He's way ahead of the curve now."

The next step for Jackson 鈥?and by far the most significant thus far 鈥?is going up against outside competition. Come Thursday night, in the Hall of Fame Game against the Chicago Bears, it will be time to see what he's got.

"I'm looking forward to it," he said. "I have to show them my talent in the preseason games."

It may not be pretty. There might even be an interception or two. Not that it matters.

"With a young player, I don't think you expect perfection http://www.ravensauthorizedshops.com/authentic-robert-griffin-iii-jersey ," Harbaugh said, "but he looks pretty good out there to me."

Jrue Holiday’s postseason production is providing Pelicans All-Star Anthony Davis with a more comfortable margin for error 锟斤拷 and has left Portland with precious little.

Holiday’s 54 points, 16 assists and slew of defensive successes in the first two games are big reasons why the sixth-seeded Pelicans hold a surprising 2-0 series lead over the third-seeded Trail Blazers as they prepare for Game 3 Thursday night in New Orleans.

“Playoff Jrue, I guess,” Davis quipped after Holiday scored 33 – including a late, deep 3-pointer – in the Pelicans’ Game 2 triumph in Portland on Tuesday night. “He’s in a different mode.”

Philadelphia visits Miami in one of two other Game 3s on Thursday night, while the Spurs’ return to San Antonio after a pair of double-digit losses at defending champion Golden State.

Pelicans general manager Dell Demps bet big on Holiday on the first day of free agency last summer, giving the 27-year-old guard a five-year contract worth about $126 million. But if the postseason is where players really earn their money, then the Pelicans’ Holiday spending could very well be worth it.

Holiday helped preserve New Orleans’ Game 1 victory with a leaping steal in transition during the final minutes, followed by a block in the final seconds. Those plays were prime examples of why Pelicans coach Alvin Gentry has asserted Holiday is one of the best two-way players in the NBA.

“We ask him to guard the best perimeter player and we ask him to do it while we’re also wanting him to get 20 points,” Gentry said, noting that Holiday has had to take turns guarding both members of Portland’s prolific starting backcourt, guards Damian Lillard and C.J. McCollum.

“He can get to the basket against just about anybody that there is. His outside shot has really improved,” Gentry added. “He’s very confident in what he’s doing and the way he’s playing.”

TRAIL BLAZERS AT PELICANS

New Orleans leads 2-0. Game 3, 9 P.M., NBA TV.

NEED TO KNOW: The Pelicans were no better at home (24-17) during the regular season than on the road (24-17) Authentic Brian Allen Jersey , which gives Portland hope. “We’ve won on their floor before and we feel like we’re capable of doing the same thing they did to us,” Portland’s Lillard said. However, the atmosphere could be different for New Orleans’ first home playoff game since 2015.

KEEP AN EYE ON: Pelicans guard Rajon Rondo , who had 17 assists in Game 1 and was one assist shy of a triple-double in Game 2.

INJURY UPDATE: Trail Blazers center Jusuf Nurkic was limited to only 15 minutes in Game 2 because of a left leg contusion, while forward Evan Turner is questionable with a right toe contusion. Pelicans forward Nikola Mirotic twisted his right ankle late in Game 2. He has not been scratched, but his effectiveness remains to be seen.

PRESSURE IS ON: Portland guards Lillard and McCollum, who have been inconsistent in the series and will be desperate to prevent the Blazers from falling into a 0-3 hole. “We don’t want to be in this position … but it should be fun and we should accept that challenge,” Lillard said. “If not, it could be a quick series.”

76ERS AT HEAT

Series tied 1-1. Game 3, 7 p.m., TNT.

NEED TO KNOW: The 76ers say All-Star center Joel Embiid, who has missed 10 games with a broken orbital bone, is doubtful. The Heat ended Philadelphia’s franchise-record 17-game winning streak Monday, winning with physical defense. To further ratchet up tension, some 76ers were miffed by Miami’s Goran Dragic’s late layup to pad the Heat’s 113-103 victory.

KEEP AN EYE ON: The 76ers’ shooting and the Heat’s Dwyane Wade. Philadelphia shot 18 for 28 from 3-point range in Game 1, but just 7 for 36 in Game 2. Wade had 28 points in 26 minutes in Game 2 Authentic Omar Vizquel Jersey , but at age 36, there’s no guarantee he’ll consistently summon that sort of performance. “I’m not worried about encores,” Wade said. “Right now it’s just about being a leader and giving this team what they need on different nights.”

INJURY UPDATE: Embiid practiced Tuesday and Wednesday, but regaining his rhythm on offense could take longer, coach Brett Brown said. After Monday’s loss, Embiid lobbied to get back in the lineup, writing on Instagram that he was “sick and tired of being babied.” The return of the 76ers’ leading scorer and rebounder would mark a renewal of his rivalry with Miami’s Hassan Whiteside. They’ve feuded on social media this season.

PRESSURE IS ON: Heat president Pat Riley always says a playoff series doesn’t really begin until the road team wins a game. As of Monday, this series has begun, with Miami putting the heat on the Sixers, who are in the postseason for the first time since 2012.

WARRIORS AT SPURS

Golden State leads 2-0. Game 3, 9:30 p.m., TNT.

NEED TO KNOW: San Antonio is 30-8 at home this season, but coach Gregg Popovich stressed playing on the road isn’t why the Spurs dropped the first two games. San Antonio is shooting 26 percent on 3-pointers in the series after averaging 35 percent during the regular season. San Antonio was 4 for 28 on 3s in Game 2. “We know it’s just like hitting in baseball – the ability to make shots,” Popovich said. “I’m more concerned about the nuts and bolts of the game and the attitude and the fiber and the grunt and all that sort of thing.”

KEEP AN EYE ON: The Warriors’ Klay Thompson. The 6-foot-7 guard is leading Golden State in playoff .

nach oben springen

Stadium made

in 1..2..3..Meins 29.08.2018 04:44

The Chicago Bears anticipated wide receiver Allen Robinson would need time to assume a role as quarterback Mitchell Trubisky’s No. 1 target.

Considering where the Bears passing game was last season Authentic Alex Avila Jersey , they expected this wait to be worthwhile.

Robinson continues to work at a slower, steadier pace through his first live practices since suffering a torn left anterior cruciate ligament, and hopes to reach a point where he and Trubisky click in the passing offense.

”It’s all about getting back acclimated, running certain routes, getting the small things in football, as far as actually football – route-running, sinking my hips, stuff like that,” Robinson said Tuesday at Bears training camp. ”As far as physically, I feel fine.”

Robinson took off Monday’s practice to rest his knee after his first full practice participation over camp’s first three days. He returned to work Tuesday with no ill effects.

The slow, steady approach isn’t keeping Robinson from learning during meetings.

”He’s asking great questions,” Nagy said. ”He sits in the front of the room. He’s a little introverted Larry Bowa Jersey , which is fine. That’s what we talk about – everyone is a little different. But he comes to me probably three to four times a practice and asks me certain questions, so we have a good relationship going there.”

Rehab from the injury kept Robinson from doing much in organized team activities and minicamp.

”Man, it’s fun,” Robinson said. ”Being away from the grass for 10-plus months, it feels so good to be back out here running routes, competing, going against defenders, everything like that. It’s exciting.”

Nagy said no receiver has stepped up so far as Trubisky’s top target.

”But in a couple weeks I think if you come back and ask me that question there might be somebody that he starts to develop that bond with,” Nagy said to reporters.

Nagy sees signs Robinson is a bit tentative on routes requiring a cut inside, and expects the fifth-year receiver to overcome this as the knee continues to strengthen.

”I like where he’s at,” Nagy said. ”Allen is doing everything that we’re asking for. There might be a couple routes I think more mentally he’s just trying to get over, that it’s OK to do that. But that’s part of the health part of him.

”Just once you get through that part John Ross Youth Jersey , then you’re ready to go. So we have the time. That’s the benefit of having five weeks in the preseason and then we get him ready for Week 1.”

Robinson calls his goal a better understanding of the offense rather than simply labeling it a need for receiver and quarterback to build chemistry.

”I think that’s a big misused word,” Robinson said. ”Because at the end of the day you know certain routes and certain things like that, you’ve got to be in the right place at the right time in a way that matches up with your quarterback.”

The Bears last season badly needed a primary target for Trubisky after injuries deprived them of Kevin White and former Bear Cameron Meredith. Chicago finished last in passing yards (2,811) and tied for last in touchdown passes (13).

Despite suffering a season-ending knee injury in Jacksonville’s opener, Robinson signed a three-year, $42 million free agent deal with the Bears. In the process, he left a blossoming AFC championship game qualifier for a team out of the playoffs since the 2010 season.

”You know, looking at the (new) coach, offensively scheme-wise, the quarterback, and things like that, I mean Authentic Marshall Newhouse Jersey , there’s no doubt at all that this team has all the talent in the world to win games,” Robinson said.

The talent Robinson brings is being able to stretch defenses and make jump-ball catches. Robinson had 22 touchdown catches in his first three seasons.

”Me being a bigger receiver, I think I’m a versatile receiver,” Robinson said. ”I think that’s something that coach Nagy, as far as his offensive scheme, it’s about versatility.

”For me, watching him, the play calls that he had prior to coming here, I knew that’s something that was a big part of his offense is versatility. I knew that he would be able to use me in a very effective way.”

Even if Trubisky has been targeting receivers such as Kevin White, Taylor Gabriel and Anthony Miller just as much or more often at camp, the Bears quarterback said he knows how to use the 6-foot-3 Robinson.

”He goes up, gets the football Trenton Cannon Jersey Jets , creates separation,” Trubisky said. ”He can make those acrobatic catches that we haven’t seen here in the past.

”He can separate with speed, he’s physical, he runs great routes. He’s really a student of the game. That’s something I’ve learned.”

Robinson expects to apply what he’s learned by making Trubisky’s job easier.

”I want Mitch to be able to go out there and just be able to play free,” Robinson said.

鈥?Green Bay Packers tight end Lance Kendricks has been charged with possession of marijuana stemming from a traffic stop in early September.The Journal Sentinel reports the 29-year-old Kendricks was stopped for speeding in the early-morning hours of Sept. 2. Though he only received a warning for driving 81 mph in a 70-mph zone, a state trooper said he smelled marijuana through the passenger window.Authorities say a search of the vehicle produced a small, round Louis Vuitton toiletry-type bag containing some marijuana, two packs of rolling papers and a metal grinder. Kendricks first told the trooper he smoked all the marijuana in the bag before ultimately disclosing the leftovers.The trooper referred potential charges to the Outagamie County District Attorney’s office, who filed the possession of THC count Tuesday.Information from: Milwaukee Journal Sentinel, .

nach oben springen

The team announced

in 1..2..3..Meins 29.08.2018 04:48

Miami Dolphins 14th-year veteran John Denney first saw his future career path in eighth grade Davante Adams Jersey , when he bent over and looked between his legs.

His coach was putting together a place-kicking team at practice, and Denney volunteered to try out as a long snapper.

"Whoever was interested lined up and started snapping the ball at a tire hanging from the uprights," Denney said. "Beginner's luck, I hit the chain holding the tire and it knocked the tire off the chain. At that age, that got everybody in a frenzy."

Those cheers might still be the loudest Denney ever received for doing his job. All long snappers toil in anonymity 鈥?unless they make a mistake, and Denney doesn't. That's why he has been with the Dolphins since 2005, four years longer than any other active player.

At 39 he's among the oldest players in the NFL.

"It has been a ride, that's for sure," Denney said following a recent practice. "I would never guess 14 years later I would still be on this field in the same place. I won the lottery."

Is the hardest part of the job the drudgery of training camp in steamy South Florida?

"For everybody else Youth Orlando Brown Jr. Jersey , yeah," Denney said with a chuckle. "My position is different."

That's for sure. Long snappers spend much of practice off to the side with the place-kickers and punters, often watching and chatting. It's not bad duty for $1 million a year, which is Denney's salary this season.

But as with any specialist, there's pressure. Denney is expected to be nearly 100 percent accurate, and has been. When asked to tabulate the misfires, Dolphins special teams coordinator Darren Rizzi paused to search his memory.

"In my nine seasons with him, I think we had confusion once on a field goal," Rizzi said Tuesday. "Brandon Fields (the holder) wasn't looking Authentic Daryl Worley Jersey , and John hit him in the face mask.

"To have to sit here and think about it is a credit to him."

And while the 6-foot-5, 242-pound Denney doesn't log as many snaps as an every-down player, he does run downfield under punts, and wins raves for staying in shape.

"The guy is in unbelievable physical condition," coach Adam Gase said. "He's the ultimate pro."

Denney doesn't look his age, but he'll turn 40 in December.

"Wow. I didn't know he was going to be 40," said running back Frank Gore, who's a mere 35. "He does work hard, though. During the offseason he works very Jaire Alexander Jersey Packers , very hard."

That includes snapping drills. Sometimes Denney recruits his 11- and 13-year-old sons to help, and hikes in the backyard.

Like everything else, practice makes perfect.

"If I give you a ball right now and you look between your legs and everything is upside down, it's not natural," Denney said. "It's a matter of working at it to a point it becomes natural."

Denney played linebacker and offensive line in high school in Charlotte, North Carolina, and was a three-year starter at defensive end for Brigham Young. All the while he groomed his skills as a long snapper, which is how he made the Dolphins' roster after going undrafted.

He played in every game as a rookie, and each year since he has played in all 16 games 鈥?208 in total. That's by far a team record for consecutive games Authentic Harold Landry Jersey , and tied for third among active NFL players.

The streak will likely grow, although Denney has nominal competition in training camp from undrafted rookie Lucas Gravelle. It's one of the few times the team has brought in another long snapper to compete with Denney, but he said he always feels like he's fighting for his job.

"Regardless of whether there is another body in camp, they have a list on a board somewhere with the next five best long snappers available," he said. "It's not like you're ever in the clear."

That accurately describes life in the NFL. As usual, Denney is right on target.

>The NFL divisional playoffs wrap up with a doubleheader Sunday starting in Pittsburgh where the AFC North champion Steelers (13-3) host the upstart Jacksonville Jaguars.The winner earns a trip to New England to face the defending Super Bowl champion Patriots in next week’s AFC title game.The third-seeded Jaguars (11-6) drilled the Steelers 30-9 back in October. Jacksonville picked off Steelers quarterback Ben Roethlisberger five times in the victory.Pittsburgh wide receiver Antonio Brown is active after missing the final two games of the regular season with a left calf injury.In the NFC, second-seeded Minnesota (13-3) welcomes fourth-seeded New Orleans (12-5) for the second time this season. The Vikings dominated the Saints 29-19 in the season opener. The winner will play in Philadelphia against the top-seeded Eagles in next week’s NFC championship game.The weather could be a factor in Pittsburgh. The temperature is expected to hover in the teens throughout the day. The Jaguars are 1-8 all time in games played when the temperature at kickoff is 25 degrees or colder.It’s even chillier in Minneapolis, but the Vikings will have the roof closed when they host the Saints..

nach oben springen

It’s our job to be

in 1..2..3..Meins 29.08.2018 04:56

It's a new world for the Arizona Cardinals 鈥?a new head coach Jaire Alexander Jersey Elite , new offense, new coordinators and an old problem.

The team still needs a long-term solution at quarterback.

When the Cardinals hired Carolina defensive coordinator Steve Wilks to replace the retired coach Bruce Arians, there was nary a quarterback on the roster.

General manager Steve Keim addressed that issue short term by signing Sam Bradford to start and Mike Glennon as the backup.

But the Cardinals would love to get a young good one in the draft and nurture him into the job. The problem is, it's very hard to do, especially when Arizona sits at No. 15 in Thursday's draft.

"I don't think it's any secret (how badly Arizona would love a franchise quarterback)," Keim said.

"I think the biggest issue comes with the supply and demand at the position. Where is the franchise quarterback going to be available? If you're willing to trade, what's the compensation for it? So, at the end of the day, again, it's no secret, but are you willing to put the franchise in a position to be set back for years if you're not right?"

Trading up to get one of the best quarterbacks is very expensive. Trading down might work. Both require willing partners, no easy find.

If the Cardinals stay at No. 15 Josey Jewell Jersey Broncos , the more likely scenario is drafting the player they want there 鈥?a cornerback, maybe 鈥?and picking one of the lesser-rated QBs later.

That would fit their history. Arizona hasn't drafted a quarterback before the fourth round since Matt Leinart slid to them at No. 10 in 2006. That didn't work out too well.

Here are things to consider as the Cardinals make their pick.

QB PURSUIT

The past two successful Cardinals quarterbacks were obtained via trade (Carson Palmer) and signed as a free agent (Hall of Famer Kurt Warner). The two quarterbacks drafted by Arizona since Leinart were Ryan Lindley in the sixth round in 2012 and Logan Thomas in the fourth round in 2014.

So, if Arizona stays at No. 15, it's likely that first-round pick will be a non-QB 鈥?perhaps wide receiver Calvin Ridley or cornerbacks Josh Jackson or Jaire Alexander 鈥?with a second-tier quarterback 鈥?Lamar Jackson? 鈥?selected sometime after that. That is, unless one of the top QBs slip unexpectedly.

The Cardinals have worked out and met with all the best quarterbacks. Baker Mayfield was in Arizona for a visit just last week.

DRAFT TRADE HISTORY

The Cardinals have made draft-day trades in four of Keim's five seasons as general manager. In 2014, Arizona traded its first-round pick (No. 20 overall) to New Orleans for the Saints' first pick (No. 27) and selected safety Deone Bucannon, now an inside linebacker and one of the team's leading tacklers. They got a third-round pick in the deal and used it to select wide receiver John Brown.

Last year Arizona traded up in the second round to get safety Budda Baker, who had an outstanding rookie season.

THIN AT RECEIVER

At wide receiver, the Cardinals have Larry Fitzgerald and not much else. The Browns 鈥?John and Jaron鈥?are gone. Last year's third-round pick Chad Williams hasn't shown much. The team did add veteran Brice Butler in free agency. But expect the position to be addressed more than once this week.

HITS, MISSES AND BARGAINS

The list of Cardinals draft hits is impressive. Go way back to 2004, Arizona chose Fitzgerald third overall, then followed with Karlos Dansby Cheap Carlton Davis Jersey , Darnell Dockett and Antonio Smith 鈥?the core of the 2008 Super Bowl team. Cornerback Patrick Peterson came as the No. 5 overall selection in 2011.

The biggest bargains include running back David Johnson in 2015. Chosen out of Northern Iowa in the third round, he was first-team All-Pro in his second season, leading the NFL in yards from scrimmage and touchdowns.

That draft also included standout outside linebacker Marcus Golden and the No. 1 pick, D.J. Humphries, now locked in at starting left tackle. Another big bargain was safety Tyrann Mathieu. Keim took a chance on the "Honey Badger" in the third round in 2013 and, although hampered by injuries, was a big force on the defense and a model citizen in the organization.

Of course there are misses. The jury is still out on Robert Nkemdiche, the defensive tackle Arizona chose at 29th overall two years ago. Other first-rounders who disappointed were guard Jonathan Cooper in 2013, injury-plagued running back Beanie Wells in 2009, tackle Levi Brown in 2007 and, of course, Leinart.

Taraji P. Henson says it was literally love at first sight when she met her new fiance.

The ”Empire” star became engaged to her boyfriend Youth Will Dissly Jersey , former Super Bowl star Kelvin Hayden, on Mother’s Day.

”I knew he was gonna pop the question because he all but told me himself. I just didn’t know when. That surprised me. He just did it,” Henson said Monday as she attended an annual event where Fox promotes its new TV lineup to advertisers.

The actress said she was introduced to Hayden by her makeup artist three years ago.

”She was like, `You need to go out. You need to meet somebody. You’re too fly. You’re too amazing.’ I was like, `I don’t know.’ She’s like, `You’re not gonna meet him at home. You need to go out.”’

The makeup artist arranged a party full of eligible bachelors for Henson to mingle with, but the star demanded to see photos first, and became enamored with Hayden.

”I was like, `Wow, something about his eyes are so gentle.’ And you know how they say you can fall in love at first sight from a picture? That’s exactly what happened,” she recalled. ”So when we got to the actual event, I met everybody Cheap Austin Corbett Jersey , I shook all the other guys’ hands and I literally was looking for him and when he walked up to where I was it was like people parted like the Red Sea, a light came on, I heard angels and he reached out to shake my hand and we danced and we talked and we were hanging out every day since.”

Hayden played for the Atlanta Falcons, Chicago Bears and Indianapolis Colts. He won a Super Bowl for that team in 2007.

Henson says her ”Empire” co-stars are thrilled with the news.

”Jussie (Smollett) came down to my room and screamed and did backflips,” she said.

Terence Howard says Hayden must be special for Henson to choose to be with him.

”I’ve never known any person that she’s worked with that’s ever been able to go on a date with her, you know,” Howard said. ”She’s that secure about maintaining her integrity, so for her to let Kelvin in, I’m like, `Wow. That’s a big move. That’s a big move right there for her.”’

nach oben springen

It’s our job to be

in 1..2..3..Meins 29.08.2018 05:03

This year’s deep class of quarterbacks features as many as a half-dozen first-round NFL prospects full of hope Brandon McCarthy Jersey , hype and hazard.

There’s Oklahoma’s Baker Mayfield , and questions about the Heisman winner’s size and stature. A lot of teams would love UCLA’s Josh Rosen for his skills and strength, but wonder if he’s a good fit in the locker room and with their organization.

Wyoming’s Josh Allen has enviable size, but faces questions about his regression last season. USC’s Sam Darnold has to answer queries about his ball security and why he’s not throwing at the NFL combine this weekend like the other prospects.

Louisville’s Lamar Jackson , the 2016 Heisman winner, needs to prove he’s a better pro prospect throwing the ball than catching it. And teams wonder if Oklahoma State’s Mason Rudolph can transition to the pro offense after operating exclusively out of the shotgun.

No inquiry is out of bounds.

”Absolutely. They’re investing a lot of money in these guys they’re drafting, so they can ask any question,” Mayfield said. ”This whole process is about finding out what’s wrong with you. It’s pointing out flaws, seeing if they can look past them, seeing if they can work with it. So, anything they ask is fair game.”

Teams are asking themselves whether these guys can be the next Carson Wentz, who ignited the Philadelphia Eagles‘ Super Bowl run in just his second season before getting hurt and rooting on Nick Foles from the sideline.

Or whether they’re the next Paxton Lynch, the 2016 first-round flop whose inability to grasp the complexities of the pro game has Broncos GM John Elway once again among those searching for answers at the position.

Elway has found it difficult to land a franchise quarterback from the college ranks like he did in free agency with Peyton Manning six years ago. Elway could go after a veteran again in free agency such as Kirk Cousins. But the Broncos own the fifth pick in the draft and this group of quarterbacks is unusually deep and top-heavy.

”There is a possibility of some really good quarterbacks coming out of this draft,” Elway said.

Maybe not like his own class in 1983, which produced three Hall of Famers in himself, Dan Marino and Jim Kelly, but this year’s crop of quarterbacks is filled with intrigue and promise.

And plenty of questions.

Among them:

TALL ORDER

Is Mayfield too short? He measured in just over 6 feet tall with a hand size of 9\ inches.

”Height doesn’t matter Adidas Nikita Kucherov Jersey ,” Mayfield insisted. ”You see guys like Tyrod Taylor, (Drew) Brees, Russell Wilson. They’ve proven that it doesn’t matter. If you want to say anything else, I’ve got three years of tape you can watch. I think I have fewer batted balls than all the other guys here, and I’m pretty sure I’m shorter than them, too.”

Elway, for one, isn’t concerned, about Mayfield’s measurements, saying, ”I think that (stigma) has been broken.”

Nor is Elway turned off by Mayfield’s crossing the line at times, such as when he grabbed his crotch and swore at the Kansas sideline after the Jayhawks wouldn’t shake his hand last fall.

”A lot of times you get tied up in the emotions of the situation and where he is. I like to see a guy with that kind of passion,” Elway said.

HOT WATER

Rosen’s time in Westwood was defined as much by his proclivity for creating headlines away from the field.

A viral photo showed a hot tub he brought into his dorm room. Another photo showed Rosen playing golf and wearing a headband that disparaged then-presidential candidate Donald Trump.

Questions have arisen about how well Rosen will get along with his new teammates in the NFL, but two Bruins here at the combine vouched for their QB.

”I don’t really have anything negative to say about him,” said tackle Kolton Miller.

Neither does center Scott Quessenberry, who labeled as unfair the negative rap of Rosen ”because of the type of guy that he is and the type of stand-up human being that he is, and the type of pro that he’s going to be.

”He’s a great dude John Ross Jersey , I love hanging around him and being with him, and whoever gets him is extremely lucky,” Quessenberry said. ”They’re getting a once-in-a-millennium talent.”

CATCH AND THROW

Some teams envision the dual-threat Jackson as a wide receiver even though he never caught a single pass at Louisville, where he threw for 9,043 yards and 69 touchdowns, ran for 4,132 yards and 50 TDs in 38 games.

“I thought I did a good job at quarterback, I thought I did,” Jackson said with a chuckle Friday while dismissing the notion he’ll run routes with receivers Saturday at Lucas Oil Stadium or even operate the wildcat as a pro.

”No sir. I’m a quarterback,” he said.

While Darnold has chosen not to throw at the combine because he’d rather show off his arm with his own receivers at USC’s upcoming pro day, Jackson said he’ll be slinging it around Saturday but won’t run the 40-yard dash or the other drills designed to measure quickness.

”Film speaks for itself as far as showing off my speed and showing I can make people miss,” Jackson said. ”I’ve just got to show off my arm – because that’s where they’re doubting me.”

Police responded to several nonviolent disputes at the home where Buffalo Bills star LeSean McCoy was attempting to evict his former girlfriend before an unidentified man bloodied the 34-year-old woman in a home invasion, according to reports released Thursday.

Police responded early Tuesday to the home in Milton, just outside Atlanta, after McCoy’s ex-girlfriend Delicia Cordon called 911. The reports from Milton police show that officers had previously been called to the home in July 2017 and in April and June of this year, but no violence was reported during any of those incidents.

In a recording released Thursday of Cordon’s 911 call she can be heard describing her alleged attacker to a dispatcher and saying she believed the attack was connected with her ex-boyfriend.

”My face is demolished right now,” Cordon said during the call.

A man entered the home around 3 a.m. Tuesday and demanded specific pieces of jewelry that McCoy had given to Cordon and that he had asked her to give back many times Cheap Saquon Barkley Jersey , Cordon’s lawyer Tanya Mitchell Graham said in an emailed statement Tuesday.

McCoy had often suggested to Cordon that she ”could be robbed because the jewelry was expensive,” the statement said.

The man tried to take bracelets from her wrist, leaving bruises, and hit her in the face multiple times with a gun, the lawyer said. Cordon’s cousin was also hurt when she was hit in the back of the head.

”He just kept asking for jewelry. I think it’s got something to do with my ex-boyfriend because my ex-boyfriend and I are,” Cordon said before being cut off by the dispatcher asking if she needed medical help.

McCoy, who turned 30 on Thursday, is preparing to enter his fourth season with the Bills. He spent his first six seasons with the Philadelphia Eagles, where he led the NFL in yards rushing in 2013 before being traded to Buffalo in 2015.

He took to social media Tuesday to deny a wide range of allegations posted earlier in the day by a woman who appeared to be friends with Cordon, accusing him of hurting his former girlfriend. McCoy has since hired prominent Atlanta criminal defense attorney Don Samuel.

Fulton County Magistrate Court records show that McCoy initiated eviction proceedings against Cordon on July 3, 2017, saying that the pair were no longer in a relationship. Court records show two attempts to serve Cordon with the document but no other action.

That evening, police responded to a report of a domestic dispute at the home, according to a police report. Cordon wasn’t there when officers got there, but they spoke to McCoy, who told them he and Cordon had broken up and had been having issues.

Cordon had had been accusing him of cheating on her and had posted on social media about that and their breakup, McCoy told police. He also said Cordon had failed to return jewelry lent to them by jewelers for events despite multiple requests.

He told police he had started eviction proceedings against Cordon and was trying ”to be very careful about being around her given the climate of domestic abuse in his profession.” He told police he would bring Cordon’s things Adidas Pekka Rinne Jersey , which were piled on the driveway, back inside.

Cordon came home while police were there and also told officers the relationship was over. She said she had nowhere else to go and would be staying at the home.

Shortly before midnight April 11, police again responded to a domestic dispute at the home. Dispatchers reported that ”the callers had everything worked out, but it sounded a little heated over the phone,” a police report says.

McCoy and Cordon separately told an officer they had worked everything out and the argument hadn’t been physical. Cordon told the officer she had called because McCoy was moving some furniture out of the house that she wanted to keep.

Cordon called police from Virginia on June 1 to say she saw people removing things from the home through security cameras that she could monitor on her cellphone, a police report says. McCoy was also out of town.

When police arrived, they spoke to McCoy’s mother who said her son was moving out and had asked her to get his stuff so he wouldn’t have to deal with Cordon, the report says. She said McCoy had said Cordon could stay in the house until it sold since she had two small children, but that he wanted his things.

Police said any disputes over belongings would have to be resolved in court, and movers left with just McCoy’s clothing and shoes, the report says.

McCoy’s friend, Tamarcus Porter, filed eviction proceedings against Cordon on McCoy’s behalf on June 6. In a court filing challenging the eviction proceedings, Cordon’s attorney said Cordon and McCoy had discussed marriage over Memorial Day weekend and that McCoy gave Cordon ”a substantial gift” on May 29.

A hearing on the eviction proceedings is planned for a later date.

nach oben springen

Information from

in 1..2..3..Meins 29.08.2018 05:10

The San Francisco 49ers built around quarterback Jimmy Garoppolo early in the NFL draft Authentic Brent Burns Jersey , then used the rest of their nine selections to fortify defense and fill needs in their push to become a legitimate playoff contender.

After adding both a protector and deep threat for Garoppolo with their first two picks, the 49ers used each of their first four selections Saturday to grab prospects who can bolster a defense that ranked 24th in the NFL last season.

"Really feel we got better as a football team," 49ers general manager John Lynch said Saturday. "We got guys we wanted to come out of this draft with. We came out pretty well in terms of what we wanted to accomplish and are very proud of what we did."

In their first season under Lynch and coach Kyle Shanahan last year, the 49ers won their final five games to finish 6-10 after acquiring Garoppolo near midseason.

San Francisco signed Garoppolo to a $137.5 million contract extension in February, then added key free agents on offense during March before drafting Notre Dame tackle Mike McGlinchey in the first round Thursday, and moving up in the second round Friday to select Washington receiver Dante Pettis.

The 49ers then turned their focus to defense through the next four rounds, selecting BYU linebacker Fred Warner Youth Mike Hughes Jersey , North Carolina State end Kentavius Street, and defensive backs Tarvarius Moore of Southern Mississippi, D.J. Reed of Kansas State and Marcell Harris of Florida.

San Francisco selected another defender, Temple lineman Jullian Taylor, with its first seventh-round pick before taking Middle Tennessee State wide receiver Richie James with its final pick.

"We're in Year 2 of our program, and it's going to be tougher to make our team," Shanahan said. "It was much harder this year to pick guys on the (later) days that we thought can make our football team. We drafted guys that have a chance to do that."

Here are some other takeaways from the draft:

REDSHIRT PICKS?

The 49ers failed miserably earlier this decade with former GM Trent Baalke using several high draft picks to select prospects coming off significant injuries who never panned out after sitting out their rookie seasons. San Francisco took another chance in the fourth round Saturday on Street Authentic Michael Dickson Jersey , who sustained a torn ACL during a pre-draft workout and had surgery earlier this month. He's unlikely to contribute this season.

"We're not trying to make popular picks, we're trying to make good picks," Lynch said. "And we're very convicted that this was just that."

Two picks later, the 49ers selected Harris, who missed the entire season last year after tearing his Achilles tendon during Florida's fall camp.

PLAYMAKER ON THE PREMISES?

On a conference call after being selected in the fifth round, Reed was describing his game to reporters when he was abruptly interrupted by the man who drafted him.

"I'm a playmaker, man." Reed said Authentic Josey Jewell Jersey , before Lynch suddenly appeared in San Francisco's media room and blurted out, "That's what I'm talking about, D.J.!"

Reed ranked second in the Big 12 last season with four interceptions and was third in the conference with 13 passes defensed. He led the Big 12 with 19 passes defensed while earning the conference's Defensive Newcomer of the Year honors in 2016.

EXPLOSIVE AND DYNAMIC

Pettis and Reed are expected to help the 49ers in the slot on both sides of the football - Pettis as a receiver, Reed defending slot receivers - but each also brings another dynamic to the team.

They were two of the most explosive return specialists in college football last season and could add an immediate boost to San Francisco's return game.

Pettis set an NCAA record with nine career punt returns for touchdowns, averaging 14.2 yards on 90 career returns. Reed ran back a kickoff 99 yards for a touchdown and a punt 62 yards for a score last season, when he averaged 34.2 yards returning kicks and 14.9 yards returning punts.

MANNING THE MIDDLE

Of the six defenders selected by San Francisco, Warner could find himself making the biggest immediate impact and also filling the biggest immediate role.

That will be determined in the months to come as the 49ers await the fate of Reuben Foster Jorge Alfaro Jersey , who is facing three felony charges in a domestic violence case. Foster, who finished second on the team last year in tackles despite missing six games, also could be facing a league suspension of six or more games.

STILL NEED

The 49ers entered both free agency and the draft this year with an impact edge pass rusher as perhaps their biggest need. They failed to address that, opting to pass on the premier edge prospects with their top two picks. The closest San Francisco came to adding help on the defensive edge is Street, who had 3 1/2 sacks in 13 games last season.

Massachusetts' high court will consider whether the state should get rid of a centuries-old legal principle that erased Aaron Hernandez's murder conviction after the former New England Patriots tight end killed himself.

The Supreme Judicial Court recently announced that it will hear the former NFL star's case and examine the legal principle under which courts typically dismiss the convictions of defendants who die before their direct appeals can be heard.

Hernandez's murder conviction in the killing of Odin Lloyd was dismissed after Hernandez was found hanging in his cell last year.

A single Supreme Judicial Court justice last year denied prosecutors' request to reinstate Hernandez's conviction.

Hernandez was acquitted of killing Daniel de Abreu and Safiro Furtado days before his prison suicide.

nach oben springen

REALMUTO ON A ROLL

in 1..2..3..Meins 29.08.2018 05:16

As the son of a journeyman hockey player and eventual coach Orlando Brown Jr. Jersey Elite , Buffalo Sabres newly acquired forward Tage Thompson became accustomed to never staying put in one place for too long.

”I’m not sure the amount of states I’ve lived in,” Thompson said Monday, in recalling how he attended nine schools by the time he began his junior year at a high school in Michigan.

”Almost a new school every year,” he added. ”So, I’ve moved around quite a bit.”

His father is Brent Thompson, who is the coach of Bridgeport in the American Hockey League. His career included numerous stops from playing for the AHL’s Hershey Bears in Pennsylvania to coaching the ECHL’s Alaska Aces.

It’s been a similar life of travel for the 20-year-old Thompson in the two years since being selected by the Blues in the first round of the draft following his freshman college year at UConn.

Upon splitting last season between St. Louis and the Blues’ AHL Affiliate in San Antonio, Texas, Thompson is headed to Buffalo. He was acquired along with two veteran teammates and two draft picks on Sunday, in a deal that sent center Ryan O’Reilly to St. Louis.

Perhaps, now, Thompson can finally get a chance to settle down.

”I feel like I’ve been living out of a suitcase Jason Witten Jersey , honestly,” he said. ”I really do hope Buffalo’s it.”

The Sabres are counting on it after Blues general manager Doug Armstrong said Buffalo insisted Thompson be included in the trade. The Sabres also acquired centers Patrik Berglund and Vladimir Sobotka, as well as a conditional 2019 first-round pick and a 2021 second-rounder.

At just over 6 feet and 205 pounds, Thompson had three goals and nine assists in 41 games as an NHL rookie last season, while playing a limited role on a veteran-laden team.

In Buffalo, he’ll get a shot to earn a spot on one of the top two lines on a team rebuilding through youth.

”What we see in Tage is a kid who has a great shot, great size, and a really good reach on the ice,” GM Jason Botterill said. ”I think he’s a player that’s going to be able to step into our lineup and grow with our young centermen.”

Thompson can’t wait, and recalled how he was with his father when Armstrong called to inform him of the trade.

Once the shock wore off, the two discussed the opportunities the Sabres present.

”The more we sat and thought about it Josey Jewell Jersey Broncos , we felt it’s a great fit for me,” Thompson said. ”It’s going to be exactly what I’ve been looking for as far as an opportunity to go in and play a lot and produce, and help the team win.”

Aaron Rodgers expressed disappointment with the effort from some of the Green Bay Packers' younger players after a frustrating period at practice.

It appears that some of the rookie wideouts are the focus of his displeasure.

Rodgers was running the scout team during one practice session on Tuesday, a sign that he likely won't be playing in the Packers' preseason opener on Thursday against Tennessee.

Younger players who normally may not get many reps with Rodgers got a chance to work more with the two-time NFL MVP.

There is some work to catch up to Rodgers' high standards.

"It was one of the worst cards sessions we've had. I don't know how you can make it any simpler," Rodgers said Tuesday after practice. He was referring to how coaches will hold up an opponent's play during the period.

"You literally have what the play would be in our terminology on the card, and the effort level was very low. Especially with what I'm accustomed to. I've been running that period for a number of years," Rodgers said. "So it's not a good start for us on the card period for the young guys."

Rodgers is usually more diplomatic in front of reporters. He didn't call out any players by name, but he did make sure to single out those he feels are role models, such as veterans Davante Adams, Randall Cobb and Jimmy Graham.

Rodgers liked how Geronimo Allison and DeAngelo Yancey, younger receivers with previous experience with Rodgers Authentic Kemoko Turay Jersey , have progressed. He has also gone out of his way to praise the work of Jake Kumerow, a second-year undrafted free agent.

Conversely, the three rookie receivers that the Packers took in this year's draft 鈥?J'Mon Moore, Marquez Valdez-Scantling and Equanimeous St. Brown 鈥?may be part of that inconsistent group.

There's a purpose behind Rodgers voicing his frustration. It doesn't have all to do with sending a message to general manager Brian Gutekunst either as the Packers weigh roster decisions.

"No, that's as much for you guys (the media) as it is for that guy, to let him know that I'm watching. I'm always watching 鈥?whether I'm in the play or not in the play, when we're going back through the film," Rodgers said.

The quarterback said fatigue may be partly to blame for the subpar play. It is relatively early in camp, when players are still building stamina and getting reacclimated to the routine.

The team is coming off its high-profile Family Night practice on Saturday. They had a day off Sunday before two more days of practice.

"Well, I'm getting older and grumpier. I've been at this for a long time," said Rodgers Authentic Quenton Nelson Jersey , who turns 35 in December. "I'm tired too, we're all a little tired. When you get a little tired, the fuse gets a little shorter."

Offensive coordinator Joe Philbin said the hope is that the young receivers learn from their mistakes and correct them as the preseason progresses.

"Certainly Aaron, his comments, his example, his leadership has a profound effect on the ballclub, the offense in particular and the whole team in general," Philbin said. "His words are meaningful."

nach oben springen

Royals: RHP Brad

in 1..2..3..Meins 05.09.2018 03:57

Another Dodgers pitcher has landed on the disabled list. This time Jeff Heath Jersey , it’s rookie Walker Buehler.

The 23-year-old right-hander underwent an MRI that revealed a right rib microfracture, an injury he sustained when he was hit by a 108-mph line drive by Colorado’s Trevor Story on May 21.

Buehler remained in that game and went on to make three more starts despite feeling slight discomfort. Last Friday, he was pulled after 5 1/3 innings when manager Dave Roberts spotted issues with Buehler’s mechanics.

Roberts said the start of Buehler’s DL stint was backdated and he will be available on June 19.

Buehler played catch on Tuesday to keep his arm in shape.

He has made nine starts this season, going 4-1 with a 2.63 ERA, 54 strikeouts and 11 walks.

Enrique Hernandez has helped the Los Angeles Dodgers solve a problem they’ve had for years – Giants ace Madison Bumgarner.

Hernandez and Matt Kemp each homered for the second consecutive game, Alex Wood got his first victory since May 20 and the Dodgers beat Bumgarner and San Francisco 3-1 on Saturday night.

Hernandez’s two-run shot in the fifth inning was his fourth career homer against Bumgarner in 34 at-bats. He also has five doubles against the left-hander.

The utility player usually feasts on Bumgarner’s fastballs Brendan Langley Jersey , but he punished the left-hander for a bevy of breaking pitches Saturday, crushing one into the left field seats for his 10th home run this season.

”He adjusted to me and I hadn’t really made many adjustments,” Hernandez said. ”Today he came at me with the same gameplan and it took me three at-bats to adjust, but I’m glad that I did.”

Bumgarner (0-2) was making just his third start since returning from the disabled list because of a broken finger that occurred during spring training. He threw 112 pitches while giving up three runs on five hits over six innings.

”Each time out I’m getting better and better, that’s all I can ask for,” Bumgarner said. ”It’s the first time I went over 100 pitches and my velocity is creeping up and my stretch and grip is coming back.”

The Dodgers have won five straight Dominique Easley Jersey , all at home, and are 11-2 in June and 21-6 since May 17.

The Giants have lost 17 of their last 23 road games and are 3-6 on their 10-game trip to Washington, Miami and Los Angeles.

Kemp hit his 12th home run and has reached base in 15 of his last 18 games against the Giants. Both Hernandez and Kemp went deep in a 3-2 win Friday over the Giants.

The Dodgers lead the majors with 34 home runs in 13 games in June.

Kenley Jansen pitched the ninth for his 17th save.

The Dodgers clinched their first series victory over the Giants this season and evened the season series 6-6.

WOOD STANDS TALL IN VICTORY

Wood (2-5) credited a change in mechanics for his improvement Saturday. He was coming off a three-start stretch when he gave up 13 earned runs in 12 innings, going two innings in one start and 4 2/3 in another.

On Saturday, the left-hander gave up one run on four hits over 5 2/3 innings with two walks and two strikeouts. He held the Giants hitless until Mac Williamson singled to lead off the fifth.

”We found something with my posture,” Wood said. ”I saw some good strides in my (between-start) bullpen and got some repetitions out there. I felt really good with the adjustment and saw that translate over.”

Wood gave up three hits in the fifth Julius Peppers Jersey , but the Giants’ only run in the inning came on a sacrifice fly from Alen Hanson. Wood threw 29 of his 85 pitches in the fifth inning.

”As the game went on, I got a little fatigued,” Wood said. ”I think you naturally start to revert back to some of the things you got yourself into, but I felt really good about the progress tonight.”

TRAINERS ROOM

Giants: 3B Evan Longoria elected to have surgery to insert a pin into his fractured left hand with the hopes of returning shortly after the All-Star break. … RHP Johnny Cueto, on the DL with right elbow inflammation, will throw live batting practice Monday. … RHP Jeff Samardzija (shoulder) pitched three innings for Triple-A Sacramento on Friday and manager Bruce Bochy said he believes his starter will be back soon.

Dodgers: LHP Clayton Kershaw (back) will pitch a three-inning simulated start either Tuesday or Wednesday at Dodger Stadium while the Dodgers are in Chicago to face the Cubs. Manager Dave Roberts said Kershaw will follow that outing with a bullpen session and likely another simulated start before going out on a minor league rehab assignment. … LHP Rich Hill (blister) followed his minor league rehab start Thursday with a bullpen session Saturday and remains on track to return to the active roster Tuesday at Chicago.

UP NEXT

RHP Chris Stratton (7-4 Jake Butt Jersey , 4.56 ERA) will pitch for the Giants on Sunday at Dodger Stadium in the finale of a three-game series. LHP Caleb Ferguson (0-0, 9.53) will be looking to pitch past the fourth inning for the first time as he makes his third career start for the Dodgers.

Trae Young Jersey ,

nach oben springen

Stadium made

in 1..2..3..Meins 05.09.2018 04:06

Buccaneers backup quarterback Ryan Fitzpatrick is no one’s idea of a star quarterback. But with his longevity and consistency Brad Nortman Jersey , he’s putting himself in some fairly rare company.

Fitzpatrick is slated to start the first three games of this season while Jameis Winston is suspended. Fitzpatrick also started three games last year while Winston was injured. And Fitzpatrick has started at least three games every year since 2008.

If Fitzpatrick does start three games this year, and all the other quarterbacks who are expected to be starters do as well, then Fitzpatrick will be one of just eight quarterbacks to start at least three games every year from 2008 to 2018. The other seven are Drew Brees Thurman Thomas Jersey , Joe Flacco, Eli Manning, Philip Rivers Adam Gotsis Jersey , Aaron Rodgers, Ben Roethlisberger and Matt Ryan.

Fitzpatrick is the least-accomplished of the quarterbacks on that list, but he deserves credit for how long he’s managed to last in the league.

Browns General Manager John Dorsey said earlier this week that the team has discussed adding former Cowboy Dez Bryant to their wide receiver group and things have apparently moved beyond in-house conversations.

Mary Kay Cabot of Cleveland.com reports that the Browns have reached out to Bryant’s representatives to gauge interest in a one-year deal with the team. If there is interest Micah Hyde Jersey , the next step would likely be to bring Bryant in for a visit with the team.

Dorsey was asked about Bryant in the wake of the announcement that Josh Gordon would not be reporting to training camp with the team this week as he attends to his “overall health and treatment plan.” Dorsey said that the team expects Gordon back, but there’s no timetable for his return and it’s unclear when one might develop.

Bryant turned down an offer from the Ravens following his release by the Cowboys and word has been that he’s looking to sign with a contender. The Browns might not qualify on that front, but Gordon’s absence would open the door to a prominent role if Bryant can show well on the field.

Jalen Brunson Jersey ,

nach oben springen

during practice

in 1..2..3..Meins 05.09.2018 04:12

Aaron Nola will get to pitch in front of his home fans in Philadelphia a final time Wednesday before he likely gets the chance to pitch in the All-Star Game later this month.

Nola will be on the mound as the Phillies close out a brief Jermey Parnell Jersey , two-game set with the Baltimore Orioles at Citizens Bank Park. The game, which is Philadelphia’s final home contest before the All-Star break, will start at 4:05 p.m. on the holiday.

Nola (10-2, 2.48 ERA) has been dominant all season for the Phillies, but he has been especially good at home. The 25-year-old is 7-0 with a 1.77 ERA and 0.911 WHIP in eight starts at Citizens Bank Park this season.

Nola, who has never pitched against Baltimore, has not surrendered more than three earned runs in any of those home starts. Last Thursday Barry Church Jersey , he gave up one run on five hits and two walks and struck out eight in 7 2/3 innings against the Washington Nationals. Nola got the win in the Phillies’ 4-3 victory.

“I actually thought he got stronger as he inched towards the end of the game,” Phillies manager Gabe Kapler told MLB.com regarding Nola. “Even there in the last inning, somewhere around that 105-pitch mark, it almost seemed like he was getting sharper.”

The Phillies are 29-16 at home after Tuesday night’s 3-2 win against the Orioles. Philadelphia has more home wins than any team in the National League, but after Wednesday the club won’t play at Citizens Bank Park again until July 20.

The Phillies will try to get their 30th home win of the season against Orioles rookie Yefry Ramirez.

A right-hander, Ramirez (0-1, 2.89) will be making just the second start of his major league career. The 24-year-old went 4 1/3 innings against the Boston Red Sox on June 13 Ian Thomas Jersey , giving up three runs on four hits while striking out six in his first start.

Ramirez threw five scoreless innings of relief against the Seattle Mariners last Thursday in his only other big league appearance. He had a 3.88 ERA and averaged 9.0 strikeouts per nine innings in 14 starts with Triple-A Norfolk this season.

“I don’t want to broadcast it for the other team, but the changeup,” Orioles manager Buck Showalter told the Baltimore Sun when speaking about Ramirez’s strong points. “Hitters are so much more in swing mode, so to speak, up here. It’s because they’re good hitters. That’s why they’re in the big leagues. … He’s having a good year down there.”

The Orioles have lost eight of their last nine games and are 0-2 against the Phillies this season. At 24-60 they have the worst record in baseball. Baltimore did not lose its 60th game of the 2017 season until Aug. 13.

Philadelphia, meanwhile, has won three games in a row and five of its last six. At 46-37 Jordan Poyer Jersey , the Phillies have a chance to go 10 games over .500 for the first time this season with another win.

Wednesday marks the third straight season the Phillies have played a home game on the Fourth of July. They lost to the Pittsburgh Pirates on the holiday last year.

The New Orleans Saints are slated to have only one pick during the second day of the draft.

Because of past trades, they have no second-round pick. Barring another trade, they won't make their selection until third round at 91st overall on Friday night.

The good news for the Saints is they were able to fill what they considered one of their most pressing offseason needs in Thursday night's first round, when they traded up from 27th to 14th to select Texas-San Antonio defensive end Marcus Davenport.

The 6-foot-6, 265-pound Davenport was Conference USA's defensive player of the year last season, when he had 8 陆 sacks, 17 陆 tackles for loss A.J. Bouye Jersey , three forced fumbles, a fumble recovery and four pass breakups.

New Orleans now has the luxury of selecting their highest-graded prospects, regardless of position, as the draft moves forward.

Robert Williams Jersey ,

nach oben springen

Royals: RHP Brad

in 1..2..3..Meins 05.09.2018 04:18

The reference to a potential banishment in the announcement of Buccaneers quarterback Jameis Winston‘s three-game suspension is standard practice. And Jared Veldheer Jersey , for players who are punished under the portion of the Personal Conduct Policy that entails a baseline suspension of six games, a second similar offense makes a banishment automatic.

Here’s the key language: “A second offense will result in permanent banishment from the NFL. An individual who has been banished may petition for reinstatement after one year, but there is no presumption or assurance that the petition will be granted.”

It’s the same procedure used by the NFL when a player is banished under the substance-abuse policy. After a year, he can apply for reinstatement. At that point, it’s up to the league to determine when or if the player will be allowed back in.

The application of the two-strike rule to Winston hinges on whether his first offense falls under the portion of the policy that contemplates a baseline suspension of six games. The six-game language expressly encompasses only “sexual assault involving physical force or committed against someone incapable of giving consent Brian Urlacher Jersey ,” and not sexual assault generally. The league has yet to explain whether Winston’s punishment did or didn’t fit within the “sexual assault involving physical force” category.

Regardless of whether he faces an automatic banishment for a second offense, Winston’s career likely is hinging on whether he avoids getting in trouble again, given his history.

Ben McAdoo interviewed for the Browns offensive coordinator vacancy in January. If the former Giants head coach had gotten the job, would the Browns still have drafted Baker Mayfield No. 1 overall?

McAdoo told the New York Post he had Mayfield ranked sixth among the 2018 quarterback prospects.

(Two questions: 1. Is there anybody in the league McAdoo hasn’t shared his opinion about? 2. Does anybody else want to see him get a TV job?)

The Browns hired Todd Haley as their offensive coordinator and drafted Mayfield as their quarterback of the future.

“I have a lot of respect for how [G.M. John Dorsey] looks at players,” McAdoo Mark Walton Jersey , who worked with Dorsey for six seasons in Green Bay, told the Post.

That’s why Dorsey’s selection of the Heisman Trophy winner stumped McAdoo.

“He’s got an edge to him; I like that,” McAdoo said of Mayfield. “He’s gonna lead; they’re gonna follow him. I didn’t see a lot of pro-style football in his college tape, and if you’re short you have to be able to make up for it some way, somehow Bryce Callahan Jersey , and personality doesn’t do that.”

McAdoo rated Josh Allen, Lamar Jackson, Sam Darnold, Josh Rosen and Mason Rudolph ahead of Mayfield.

“I didn’t think he was a great athlete,” McAdoo said. “This guy is kinda like a pocket quarterback that is short and with small hands. That’s what I worry about.”

Donte DiVincenzo Jersey ,

nach oben springen

during practice

in 1..2..3..Meins 05.09.2018 04:24

The Arizona Cardinals' 2018 draft made its reputation on Day 1 with the selection of a player who the team hopes will become the long-sought franchise quarterback of years to come.

If the Cardinals got no one in this draft besides Josh Rosen Bobby Massie Jersey , fans would have called it a rousing success.

And offense turned out to be the theme. Only one of the six players drafted by the Cardinals plays defense, even though their new coach Steve Wilks was defensive coordinator last year at Carolina.

The choices were simply a function of the names on the Arizona draft board, general manager Steve Keim said.

"In a perfect world, coach and I would have been thrilled to have balance and to fill some positions defensively if those guys warranted those picks," Keim said. "But we had such high grades on those offensive players, we didn't want to stray away from the board."

In the second round, Arizona went with homegrown wide receiver Christian Kirk from Texas A&M in the second round.

The Cardinals picked center Mason Cole out of Michigan in the third round and, with their first choice Saturday dipped into the FCS ranks to grab running back Chase Edmonds of Fordham.

It marked only the second time in the draft's modern era (which began in 1967) that the Cardinals have used their first four picks on the offense. The other was in 1993.

Finally, in the sixth round, Arizona went defense, grabbing cornerback Chris Campbell of Penn State. The Cardinals' final pick came third to last in the seventh and final round when they selected offensive tackle Korey Cunningham of Cincinnati.

But this draft was, first and foremost, about that long-awaited young quarterback for Arizona.

When Carson Palmer retired at the end of last season Vernon Butler Jersey , there were no QBs on the roster. Now they have Sam Bradford, Mike Glennon and Rosen, who will begin his new job in earnest at the rookie minicamp in two weeks.

HOME SWEET HOME

No Arizona draftee could have been happier than Kirk, who grew up in the Phoenix area, starring at Saguaro High in Scottsdale before choosing Texas A&M over staying home at Arizona State. Now he's coming home and keeps describing the situation as "surreal."

Kirk said he got to know star receiver Larry Fitzgerald when he played on the same Pop Warner team as Kurt Warner's son. Warner would sometimes bring Fitzgerald along to games and they struck up a friendship.

"I think I was probably in the fourth grade at the time, third or fourth grade, and every time they came out, it was just so crazy," Kirk said.

Kirk will use his old No. 13. That was the Hall of Famer Warner's number, too.

"Exactly, I have to rock it well," Kirk said. "I have a lot to live up to."

CHARACTER

Keim said that as he evolves through his fifth year on the job, he's paying more attention than ever to off-the-field character and the player's love of the game as he assesses who should be selected. He noted all but Campbell in this year's class were team captains.

The idea was to go with "strong character guys" that match what Wilks calls his team's DNA.

"I've almost promised myself that we would take guys Andy Dalton Jersey , even if they're a little less talented, but they have that makeup," Keim said. "... Especially in our first draft together, we wanted to make a statement."

FCS SUCCESS

Almost every year, the Cardinals dip into the talent at the FCS level, or lower.

This year it was Edmonds, the all-time leading rusher in the Patriot League for yards and touchdowns who could be in a crowded competition for a backup spot behind 2016 All-Pro David Johnson, as well as a kick and punt returner.

"I'm just looking forward to whatever role Arizona asks me," he said. "Whether it's being a special teams player, being a third-down back, on the slot, something like that. I'm looking forward to it."

Keim called Edmonds' production "off the charts" and said he would have set the FCS career rushing record had he not been injured during his senior season.

Some prior Arizona draftees from the FCS ranks or lower include Johnson, taken in the third round out of Northern Iowa in 2015; wide receiver John Brown Eddie Yarbrough Jersey , selected in third round out of Pittsburg State (Kan.) in 2014; and cornerback/special teams player Justin Bethel, picked in the sixth round out of Presbyterian in 2012.

Oh, and quarterback John Skelton out of Fordham in the fifth round in 2010. He's no longer around.

STILL NEED

Look for defensive players to be signed as undrafted free agents, as well as maybe some late veteran signings. Arizona still needs to find a cornerback to play opposite Patrick Peterson and is looking for depth at linebacker as the team transitions from a 3-4 base formation to a 4-3. The Cardinals also could use some depth at tight end.

Kevin Durant had 38 points and nine rebounds and Golden State soundly defeated the New Orleans Pelicans 118-92 on Sunday to take a commanding 3-1 lead in their Western Conference semifinal series.

The Warriors responded to their 19-point loss in Game 3 with a resounding effort that produced a wire-to-wire win with leads as large as 26 points.

Durant made 15 of 27 shots. Stephen Curry scored 23, Klay Thompson added 13 and Quinn Cook, who was a Pelicans reserve earlier this season, contributed 12 points.

Anthony Davis had 26 points and 12 rebounds for New Orleans, but the Pelicans hit only 36 percent (32 of 88) of their shots, missing 22 of 26 3-point attempts.

E’Twaun Moore scored 20 and Jrue Holiday 19, but New Orleans reserves combined for just 14 points after scoring 32 two nights earlier. Rajon Rondo finished with 11 rebounds, but the Pelicans also committed 19 turnovers, which led 21 Warriors points.

ROCKETS 100, JAZZ 87

SALT LAKE CITY (AP) – Chris Paul had 27 points and 12 rebounds while James Harden scored 24 points to power the Rockets to a win over the Jazz Dorance Armstrong Jr. Jersey , taking a 3-1 lead in the Western Conference semifinal series.

Paul, playing the sidekick to Harden for most of his first season in Houston, took center stage, controlling the tempo and getting to his favorite spots as the Rockets led from start to finish.

Donovan Mitchell scored 25 before fouling out and Joe Ingles had 15 for the Jazz.

Mitchell started finding lanes to the basket late and got the Jazz within 85-80 after he fueled a 10-2 run. But Paul, who matched his scoring high for this playoff run, hit a pull-up jumper and found Trevor Ariza for a 3-pointer to put the Rockets back up by double digits and they never looked back.

Houston, which has been known for their offensive firepower, put forth a disruptive defensive effort.

Clint Capela, the anchor of the Houston defense, had 12 points, 15 rebounds and six blocks, one of which featured a Dikembe Mutombo-like finger wag in the fourth quarter.

De'Anthony Melton Jersey ,

nach oben springen

Johnson has a chance

in 1..2..3..Meins 05.09.2018 04:30

William Karlsson and the expansion Vegas Golden Knights proved they can handle some adversity just as well as they can thrive as front-runners like they did most of their inaugural season.

The Golden Knights bounced back after allowing a late tying goal in regulation when Karlsson scored 8:17 into overtime to lead Vegas to a 4-3 victory over the San Jose Sharks on Monday night and a 2-1 series lead.

”I think it’s good for the morale Nick Vigil Jersey ,” Karlsson said. ”We showed great attitude. Again, they came back. It was tough, too, but we gave someone a chance to be an overtime hero.”

Karlsson was that hero – just as he has been so much this season. He scored 43 goals in the regular season and has added three more this series, but none was bigger than the wrist shot in transition that beat Martin Jones high to the stick side, sending the Golden Knights into a wild celebration around the player knows as Wild Bill.

It was an impressive bounce back from their first loss of the playoffs in double overtime at home in Game 2 and wouldn’t have been possible without Marc-Andre Fleury, who made 39 saves to hold off an early push by the Sharks and then robbed Logan Couture with a glove save in overtime.

”I was looking at the guy with puck. I just tried to follow the pass and get out there a bit and I had a little time to react on it Bobby Massie Jersey ,” Fleury said. ”It was a good feeling.”

The Sharks rallied to tie the game and force a second straight overtime with two goals in the third period. Evander Kane scored just seconds after the end of a power play midway through the third to set the stage for Hertl.

Hertl drove to the net with a strong power move. With the Sharks swarming in front of Fleury, Hertl whacked at a loose puck and knocked it in for the equalizer with 1:57 to go, sending the towel-waving crowd into a frenzy.

”I believe our game’s there and I think everyone in here would tell you that,” captain Joe Pavelski said. ”We got caught on the wrong end of it tonight. We had a big one the other night.”

Colin Miller, Jonathan Marchessault and Reilly Smith scored in a span of less than five minutes in the second period to put the Golden Knights in control, but they couldn’t hold onto the lead.

Timo Meier opened the scoring with a power-play goal for the Sharks, but undisciplined play in the second period helped erase that lead and put San Jose in a hole.

Brenden Dillon held David Perron to give Vegas a power play less than a minute after Meier’s one-timer off a perfect cross-ice pass from Chris Tierney gave the Sharks the lead.

San Jose had an 11-1 edge in shots on goal in the period at that point as the Sharks were controlling the play. But that quickly turned as James Neal held the puck below the goal line and fed Miller with a pass that Marc-Edouard Vlasic nearly broke up for a tap-in that tied the game.

About three minutes later Andy Janovich Jersey , Hertl was called for roughing Neal well behind the play, giving the Golden Knights another chance with the man advantage.

They converted again when Marchessault one-timed a cross-ice pass from Alex Tuch past Jones to give Vegas the lead.

Smith then capped the three goals in 4:46 when Marchessault fed Karlsson, who was left alone at the side of the net. He deftly sent a blind, backhand pass through the crease to Smith, who tapped it in for the 3-1 lead.

”He’s got eyes in the back of his head sometimes,” Smith said. ”He’s a great player and he makes great plays.”

The Sharks came out energized by a raucous crowd and the presence of celebrity door opener and San Francisco 49ers quarterback Jimmy Garoppolo in their first home game of the series.

San Jose got 16 shots on goal in the first period, but were unable to get anything past Fleury Braden Smith Jersey , who rebounded well from his first loss of the postseason.

”To come out of that first period 0-0, we need to find a way to get the lead,” coach Peter DeBoer said. ”We’re chasing the game the whole series here. Even when we have a quick start like tonight, Fleury is shutting the door and finding the way to let them hang around until they can get something going, which is what happened.”

NOTES: Sharks F Joonas Donskoi (lower body) sat out. Chris Tierney took his place on the top line with Barclay Goodrow slotting in on the third line. … F Tomas Tatar returned after missing the past four games as a healthy scratch. He took the place of Ryan Carpenter.

Bills running back LeSean McCoy has responded aggressively and unequivocally to Tuesday morning’s allegations of domestic violence.

“For the record, the totally baseless and offensive claims made against me today on social media are completely false,” McCoy said. “Furthermore Giovani Bernard Jersey , I have not had any direct contact with any of the people involved in months.”

The strength and breadth of the denial makes it fairly easy to get to the truth here, one way or the other. If McCoy truly hasn’t been around the alleged victim, Delicia Cordon, or the friend who made the accusations on Cordon’s behalf, the electronic paper trail that we all create with our movements from place to place will easily mesh with that claim. And if the digital evidence or any credible witness statements show that contact has occurred, McCoy’s version will become suspect.

The Bills reportedly are looking into the situation. The NFL has not yet responded to a request from comment from PFT.

Josh Okogie Jersey ,

nach oben springen

It’s our job to be

in 1..2..3..Meins 05.09.2018 04:35

BUFFALO BILLS (9-8)

UNRESTRICTED FREE AGENTS: WRs Jordan Matthews Lerentee McCray Jersey , Deonte Thompson, Brandon Tate, and Jeremy Butler; CBs E.J. Gaines, Leonard Johnson, and Shareece Wright; LBs Preston Brown and Ramon Humber; DT Cedric Thornton; Ss Colt Anderson and Shamarko Thomas; RBs Travaris Cadet and Taiwan Jones; FB Mike Tolbert; OT Seantrel Henderson; QB Joe Webb.

RESTRICTED FREE AGENTS: None.

NEEDS: Quarterback moved to the top of the list after Buffalo traded three-year starter Tyrod Taylor to the Cleveland Browns in exchange for a third-round pick. The deal leaves Nathan Peterman – a fifth-round draft pick last year – as the only quarterback on the roster. Aside from free agency Darian Stewart Jersey , the Bills are anticipated to select a quarterback in the draft. The defensive front seven could be in store for major overhaul, though Williams re-signed. Starters Brown and Humber are eligible for free agency. Unanticipated hole to fill is center after Eric Woods was diagnosed with career-ending neck injury in January. Bills already addressed needs by signing nine-year veteran CB Vontae Davis and running back Chris Ivory, who is expected to take over as LeSean McCoy’s primary backup.

AVAILABLE SALARY CAP SPACE (approximately): $37 million.

>The NFL players’ union has filed a non-injury grievance on behalf of free agent safety Eric Reid.The NFLPA cites one team appearing “to have based its decision not to sign a player based on the player’s statement that he would challenge the implementation of a club’s policy prohibiting demonstration” during the national anthem.League policy does not prohibit demonstrating during the anthem. Referring to the labor agreement with the league, the union notes that NFL rules supersede any conflicting club rules.The union also says “at least one club owner has asked pre-employment interview questions about a player’s intent to demonstrate. We believe these questions are improper, given league policy.”That team reportedly is the Cincinnati Bengals.Considered one of the top safeties in the league A'Shawn Robinson Jersey , Reid played out his contract with San Francisco last season. He has been a strong supporter of former 49ers quarterback Colin Kaepernick, who in 2016 became the first player to kneel during the anthem to protest police brutality and racial inequality.Kaepernick wasn’t signed for the 2017 season following his release in San Francisco. Reid continued the quarterback’s protests.Reid last week filed a collusion claim similar to one filed by Kaepernick last year. The union announced Monday that it filed its grievance and was seeking an arbitrator to hear the case.Kaepernick deposed several league owners and executives, including Commissioner Roger Goodell, in his grievance. Reid is using the same attorneys as Kaepernick.When NFL owners met in March, they didn’t hold lengthy discussions on anthem protocol. But they are expected to do so at their spring meetings in Atlanta on May 21-22.In March Erik Swoope Jersey , Goodell was asked about Reid, one of the better players at his position in the NFL, not having a job.“I’ve said this repeatedly to you: The 32 teams make individual decisions on the players who are going to best help their franchises,” Goodell said. “Those are decisions they have to make. They do that every day in the best interest of winning. Teams make those decisions. I’m not directly involved with that.”Last month, Kaepernick praised Reid for continuing to make a stand for social justice when the quarterback was presented an Amnesty International award in Amsterdam.“Eric introducing me for this prestigious award brings me great joy Anthony Brown Jersey ,” Kaepernick said. “But I am also pained by the fact that his taking a knee, and demonstrating courage to protect the rights of black and brown people in America, has also led to his ostracization from the NFL when he is widely recognized as one of the best competitors in the game and in the prime of his career.” Lonnie Walker Jersey ,

nach oben springen

Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: moore8921
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 10084 Themen und 43228 Beiträge.

Xobor Forum Software von Xobor
Einfach ein eigenes Forum erstellen