Designated hitter Evan Gattis

in Online-Shop-Napfputzer 29.08.2018 04:18
von chenyan94 | 549 Beiträge

Not even the interceptions seem to frustrate quarterback Mitchell Trubisky right now. Rather than worry about those picks Youth Dante Pettis Jersey , he's busy picking up the nuances of the offense under new coach Matt Nagy.

Trubisky is throwing deeper in training camp more consistently, and any interceptions are all a part of the process as he gets used to a variety of new targets.

"I mean, what's not to like about this offense?" Trubisky said. "I love it. There's a lot of options. We throw the ball around a lot and we're going to balance it with a great running game."

Trubisky's passes haven't always found the target, as Thursday night's preseason opener with Baltimore in the Hall of Fame Game approaches. For instance, he threw two interceptions in three plays earlier in the week to cornerback Prince Amukamara. Deiondre' Hall intercepted another pass Friday.

Trubisky, however, feels throwing it deep now to build timing will only make big plays easier later. And he credits Nagy's practice approach for instilling confidence.

"Lets me go out and play and be myself and not worry about mistakes," Trubisky said. "But we do go in the film room and correct them.

"There is a big emphasis on not making the same mistake twice. Just go out there and play freely and let your instincts take over. And then when we make mistakes, just go back and learn from it. It allows me to go out there and be myself and play freely," he said.

Trubisky doesn't want to convey the impression he's laughing off practice interceptions.

"I'm always mad when I throw an interception, but at the same time I don't care what anybody thinks," Trubisky said. "I know what I've got to do. I made a lot of great throws. I made some bad throws and we're testing and we're getting better every day.

"Those (practice) mistakes are going to come 鈥?as long as we learn from them. It's not a game, so it doesn't really matter what everybody thinks and what everybody sees," he said.

When Trubisky broke into the lineup in Week 5 last year under former coach John Fox David Justice Jersey , the emphasis was on playing it safe and operating a basic offense. His final yards-per-pass attempt average of 6.6 ranked 45th among all NFL passers.

It's changing for Trubisky, the second pick in the 2017 draft, as he learns aspects of a more complex passing attack on daily basis.

"We're throwing so much at these guys, where it almost feels like they're in a tornado right now," Nagy said. "There's so many things being thrown at him."

Nagy liked the way Trubisky handled making several checks at the line of scrimmage in Friday's practice.

"He's adjusting to any negative-type plays, so if there's an interception, there's a screw-up in the play call, in the huddle he calls the wrong play, he regroups," Nagy said.

Trubisky has just 25 starts as a quarterback since he played high school ball, so the inexperience factor must be overcome.

Bears receivers say they're seeing a passer more composed under pressure than could be expected from someone with little experience.

"He's not frantic and things like that even when you get zero blitz and he's throwing to the hot read," wide receiver Taylor Gabriel said. "I'm impressed and I'm excited."

There's plenty to pick up in the attack for everyone.

Many of Trubisky's targets might line up at a number of positions, further complicating the assignment. Gabriel, running back Tarik Cohen and tight end Trey Burton all have plays from the backfield Seahawks Will Dissly Jersey , split out wide or in the slot.

Burton, a member of last year's Super Bowl champion Philadelphia Eagles, is encouraged by the way Trubisky and the receivers have built a rapport.

"Not as many mental errors as I would expect from my previous offenses," Burton said.

It's a relatively slow process overall, nonetheless, and the bulk of the pressure is going to be on Trubisky to be ready for the Sept. 9 opener at Green Bay.

"We're building this puzzle right now, and each day we're trying to take one piece of the puzzle and put it up there and then before you know it, at the end of this thing, you have that puzzle put together," Nagy said.

NOTES: Rookie pass rusher Kylie Fitts missed practice time Friday with an arm injury. ... G Kyle Long was given the day off to rest. ... LB Jonathan Anderson and OL Dejon Allen engaged in the first fight of camp before being separated. ... First-round pick LB Roquan Smith remains unsigned. Former Bears coach Dave Wannstedt visited Bourbonnais for the first time and called Smith's holdout a selfish act. "For a rookie to hold out because of some of the fine print (in a contract) it's pretty selfish, I think, from an agent standpoint to do that," Wannstedt said. "I mean, this kid needs to be here. He needs to be practicing. These are valuable days. They play a preseason game a week from now. And you do not get these days back."

HOUSTON — It was yet another example of what the Houston Astros look like when their lineup depth flashes Cheap Brian Allen Jersey , their fourth win in their final at-bat this season offering a glimpse of potential even when everything didn’t quite fall into place.

As the Astros (51-27) near the halfway point of the schedule on Sunday against the Kansas City Royals, they recognize fully that they will require more wins like the one they recorded on Saturday to keep pace in the chase for the best record in the American League.

They were handcuffed by a scuffling pitcher for seven innings before the bottom third of their order helped complete a game-tying rally in the ninth.

And, while Houston failed to walk it off in the 11th, the bottom third of its order generated just enough traffic for the heavy hitters to come to bat in the 12th and secure the 4-3 victory.

Designated hitter Evan Gattis, batting seventh, produced the game-tying RBI with his sacrifice fly in the ninth inning following an 0-for-3 start to his evening. Marwin Gonzalez, batting eighth, walked in both of his final two plate appearances after recording three strikeouts against Royals starter Ian Kennedy. By churning out quality plate appearances, the job was easier up top.

“We’re at our best when those guys are doing something at the bottom,” Astros manager A.J. Hinch said. “That takes a lot of pressure off the top of the order or the middle of the order to have to do it every time. That’s why we think we have a complete team.”

Right-hander Gerrit Cole (8-1, 2.59 ERA) will start the series finale for the Astros in the rubber match. Cole did not factor into the decision in his last start, a 5-4 win over the Tampa Bay Rays on Monday, after allowing four runs on three hits and five walks with eight strikeouts over seven innings.

He made his lone start against the Royals on July 21, 2015 http://www.seahawksauthorizedshops.com/authentic-sebastian-janikowski-jersey , allowing three runs (two earned) on five hits with six strikeouts in 7 1/3 innings in a 3-2 loss at Kauffman Stadium when he pitched for the Pittsburgh Pirates.

Right-hander Jason Hammel (2-8, 4.88 ERA) gets the starting nod for the Royals. Hammel is 2-2 with a 2.85 ERA over nine career appearances (eight starts) against the Astros, including a 1.74 ERA over his last three starts. He hasn’t pitched at Minute Maid Park since 2014.

Hammel, who issued a season-high four walks in his previous outing, has issued two or fewer walks in 11 of 15 appearances this season and is tied for fifth in the American League with 37 starts with two or fewer walks since the start of 2017. His four walks against the Texas Rangers snapped a 37-start streak of walking three or few batters dating back to May 29, 2017.

After delivering at the plate and in the field for the Royals (23-53) in the opener, right fielder Rosell Herrera had a quiet night on Saturday, going 0-for-4 with a walk. Claimed off waivers from Cincinnati on June 2, Herrera was recalled from Triple-A Omaha last Sunday and has worked to show the defensive range and offensive versatility that could make him an asset as the Royals take extended looks at some of the younger players on their major league roster.

“He’s athletic, he’s fast,” Royals manager Ned Yost said of Herrera. “He seems to swing the bat OK from both sides. It’s only been a week. There’s a lot to like looking at him on a short look.”

nach oben springen

Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: darterawale
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 25264 Themen und 59210 Beiträge.

Xobor Forum Software von Xobor
Einfach ein eigenes Forum erstellen